I am attempting to install Act!, when I receive the error:
"Act! has detected that you are running this installation in Windows XP® Compatibility mode. You must remove this setting and then continue the installation."
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2013 and later
OS: Windows® 7 and later
This can occur when the installation is set to run in mode for Windows XP Compatibility mode.
- Browse to the Act! installation files
- Open one of the following folders, depending on what edition of Act! you're installing:
- Act! Pro: ACTSTD
- Act! Premium: ACTWG
- Act! Premium (access via web): ACTForWeb
- Right-click setup.exe, then select Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab, then ensure that the option to Run this program in compatibility mode for: is not checked
- Click OK
- Right-click setup.exe, then select Run as administrator
- Follow steps to install
Error: "Your XP machine does not have Service Pack 3 applied..." when attempting to install Act! on a Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 computer
Answer ID: Error: "Your XP machine does not have Service Pack 3 applied..." when attempting to install Act! on Windows Vista or Windows 7