How do I add new database fields to my Act! Premium (access via web) database from a browser?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (Access via Web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: v16 and higher
Note: Drop-down lists and field triggers cannot be configured when creating or editing fields from the web view. In order to create drop-down lists or field triggers, the field must be created by logging into the database locally. For more information on creating and editing fields, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to create and manage database fields in Act!
- At the top of the page, Click Tools > Define Fields...
- In the Define Fields window, under "View fields for:", click the drop-down, then choose one of the following, depending on what record type you want to create a new field for:
- In the Define Fields Window, Click Create New Field
- Under Field name, enter a name for the field
- Under Field data type, choose the type of field you wish to create. For detailed information about different field types, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
What are fields in Act!?
- Configure the desired field behavior, then click Next
- If desired, enter a Default value, field format, and field length
Note: For information about field formatting, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How do I configure a database field to be formatted in a specific way?
- Click Finish
How do I edit the layout in Act! Premium (access via web) or Act! Premium Cloud?