How can I attach my database to SQL without doing a Restore?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Note: The following steps will only work with Act! Diagnostics 12.0 or newer. To get the most recent version of Act! Diagnostics, refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
What is the most recent version of the Act! Diagnostics utility?
Answer ID What is the most recent version of the Act! Diagnostics utility?
- Right click the backup of the database and choose Extract All…
- Click Browse, select Desktop and click Make New Folder to create a folder in which you will extract the files
- Name the folder Database Backup, press Enter, and click OK
- Click Extract
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + R
- Type actdiag and press Enter
- Click Tools > Restore Database > Restore BAK File As
- Under New database name: enter a name for the database
- Under BAK File:, click the browse button and browse to C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Database Backup\Share\[databasename]\[databasename]-database files\Backup
- Select the .BAK file that has the largest file size and click Open
- Under Restore directory: click the browse button, browse to the location in which you wish to restore the database, and click OK
- Click OK again to restore the database
- When the verification screen appears, click OK again and close out of Act! Diagnostics