Question: What are Smart Tasks in Act!?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2011 and Higher
Smart Tasks allow you to create a series of common and connected automated steps, such as scheduling an activity, sending an e-mail, or sending Act! emarketing email blasts. Each Smart Task also defines when a step should be performed and who the Smart Task can be scheduled for and can be run manually, automatically based on a trigger, or scheduled to run in regular intervals.
The following pre-configured Smart Tasks are available in an Act! database:
- Birthday Reminder – When a Contact’s birthday is a week away, put it on the user’s calendar
- Closed Opportunity Follow Up – For Opportunities that have been closed and won, send a followup email to the contacts associated with the opportunity
- Contacts with no recent activity – For all contacts with no emails or activities for the last 90 days, schedule an activity for the record manager to follow up with them.
- High Value Opportunity Alert – When an Opportunity value is $1,000 or greater, send an email to the record manager
- New Contact Welcome – When a new contact is added, send them a welcome email
- Opportunity a Week from Close – When Opportunities are about to close, set a reminder for the Record Manager to follow up with the Opportunity
- Promotional Sales Cycle - Product - When an Opportunity has reached the product enquiry stage of the Promotional Sales Cycle, follow up with the contacts associated to the opportunity.
If desired, the default Smart Task configurations can be altered or you can even create new custom Smart Tasks. For information on creating and managing Smart Tasks, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Create and Manage Smart Tasks in Act!
Answer ID: How do I create and manage Smart Tasks in Act!?