When I try to send an Act! emarketing blast I get either an error stating ”We are unable to send your email campaign. Please verify your Act! emarketing account and your internet connection and try again.” or an error referencing Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityMetaDataArgumentException
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! emarketing
Version: v16.1, v16.2
This issue can occur if there are special characters (characters other than letters and/or numbers) in the subject line when sending the campaign, if the chosen template has been deleted, or if fields are missing from the database.
Special Characters or emoji in the subject line
- Remove any characters which are not letters or numbers from the subject line, as well as emoji
- Also make sure that you do not include RE: or FW: in the subject line
- Test sending the campaign
- In Act, click Emarketing > Manage My Account
- In the browser that comes up, click Templates
- Verify that the template still exists
- If the template exists, proceed to the steps below
Note: If the template does not exist, it will be necessary to select a different template.
Similar to the above symptom, this error has been reported when the template that the customer is attempting to use has become corrupted. To test this, follow the steps below:
- Within Act! emarketing, copy a basic template into My Templates, make no changes to the template, then test sending that to a small selection of Act! contacts. If this is successful, the problem exists with the customer's template
- If the problem is confirmed to be the customer's template, edit the template and check all the images in the template are displaying correctly. Replace or delete the images if necessary
- Check all of the links in the customer's template, make sure they are NOT IP addresses
The following fields are all required to exist in the database:
If these fields are missing, the error will occur. Download and run the batch file that is attached at the bottom of this article. It will re-create all the needed fields and set them to protected to avoid changes in the future. This will need to be done for each database that uses Act! emarketing
If the issue persists, please take the following steps before contacting support:
- Remove all special characters from the email subject and try sending the campaign again
- If this still fails to send, enable Trace Logging in Act! using the steps in the following article:
How To Enable Trace Logging in ACT!
Answer ID Understanding and enabling Trace Logging in Act!
- Open Act! and go through the steps you took to send the blast
This will create a file named ACTLOG.XML that will be needed by support. By default this file is located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data. Once this is done, please contact us.