Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2009 and later
The Attach To Act! Contacts Progress window allows you to see the progress and status of email messages sent through Microsoft Outlook when your preferences are configured to record Outlook history. It can be accessed by right clicking the icon in the Windows System Tray, and choosing Show Progress.
If the icon is not visible in the man system tray, and also isn't visible when clicking the triangle icon to show more system tray icons, you can also access it by pressing the Windows key + R, then typing in one of the following, depending on which Outlook integration method you are using:
- Act! for Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe" -showqueue
- Act! Premium (access via web)2009 (v11) through v20.0: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\Act.Outlook.Service.exe" -showqueue
- Act! Premium (access via web) v20.1 and later: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Web\ClientSrvs\Office\Outlook" -showqueue
Note: If you're on a 32-bit machine, change "Program Files (x86)" to "Program Files"
There are several tabs available in the Attach to Act! Contacts Progress window: See below for an explanation of each tab:
The Progress tab will display a progress bar while Act! is in the process of attaching emails. Additionally it will display any email messages that have recently been successfully attached.
Not Attached Messages
The Not Attached Messages tab will display any messages that have been queued to attach to history, but did not attach, along with a reason as to why they did not attach as well as the database in which it was set to attach. Messages that were sent to contacts who do not exist in your Act! database will be shown here.
You can select an item on the list and perform one of the following actions:
- Retry Attach – Allows you to attempt to attach the selected message again
- Attach to Act! Contact – Allows you to manually attach the selected message to a contact’s history record
- Attach to New Act! Contact... – Allows you to create a new contact and attach the selected message to the new contact
- Remove – Allows you to remove the selected message from the list
The Advanced tab allows you to view log files and determine how often to purge the logs.
Clearing the icon from the Windows system tray
The icon will remain in the system tray for as long as there are messages that have not been attached. If desired, you can clear the icon from the system tray by following the steps below:
- Open the Attach to Act! Contacts Progress Window and go to the Not Attached Messages tab
- Click to select the message at the top of the list
- Scroll down to the last email on the list
- Hold your Shift key down, then click the last message on the list to select all the messages in the list
- Click the Remove button to remove the messages from the list
- Close the Attach to Act! Contacts Progress window