Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
This can be caused by missing or damaged registry keys
Follow the steps below to replace the missing registry keys:
- Click your Windows® Start button, either click Run or go to the Search box, and type regedit. The Windows registry editor window will open.
- Make a backup of the Windows registry per the instructions in the follow Knowledgebase article:
How to Back Up the Windows Registry
Answer ID How to back up the Windows Registry
- If present delete the following entries from registry :
- Click the ACT_Server_Host.bat file in the File Attachments section near the bottom of this article.
- When prompted, Save the file to your computer's Desktop
- Double-click ACT_Server_Host.bat file you downloaded. A command window will open and the file will run.
- Once the file has finished running press the Enter key on your keyboard to close the command window.
- Click your Windows Start button, either click Run or go to the Search box, and type services.msc. The services window opens
- Browse in the list and right-click and right click ACT! Service Host and select Start.
- Close the services window.