What’s new in Act! v17?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Intelligent emarketing with automation
Enhanced Act! emarketing fuses your marketing and sales efforts together for individuals and now teams, by automating key follow-up activities driven by intelligence from campaigns and web forms.
Act! Lead Capture
- Purpose: Easily create simple web forms to capture leads from web pages, newsletters, emails, and more
- Previously a Feature Pack available for Act! v16, now included with Act! emarketing in v17!
- Accessible within the Group Detail view
- Requires an active Act! emarketing account
Act! emarketing triggers for Smart Tasks
- Purpose: Save time by automating follow-up activities based on dynamic criteria
- Trigger Smart Tasks based on Call List scores to target hot leads
- Examples: Automatically schedule follow-up activities, send another emarketing message, assign a new Record Manager, or change a field value
Smart tasks send Act! emarketing messages
- Purpose: Schedule Act! emarketing messages using Smart Tasks
- Automate Act! emarketing emails based on dynamic criteria
- Examples: Send an email to welcome a new customer, target a hot lead, or tailor communications based on contact record information
Act! emarketing Team Tier
- Purpose: Add multi-user support to Act! emarketing
- New tier includes additional contacts, Call Lists, and multiple user profiles
- Improved Act! emarketing dashboard clearly displays the logged-in user, account level, limits, and monthly sends
Send As in Act! emarketing
- Purpose: Allow sending as multiple different people from and Act! emarketing account
- Utilize multiple profiles for sending email campaigns on behalf of your company, department, or individual team members
Automation & Productivity Enhancements
Optimize your workforce and drive productivity with enhancements that help you save time and stay organized, so you can market and sell intelligently.
Act! Contact Timeline
- Purpose: View all your interactions with a particular contact at a glance, with a new interactive visual timeline
- Helps you to prepare for and personalize your customer interactions
- Previously a Feature Pack available for Act! v16, now included in Act! v17!
- Access advanced Timeline controls using a config file value in Act!.exe.config:
<add key="TimelineProfessionalMode" value="true"/>
One Way Sync Act! to Outlook
- Purpose: Allow for single direction synchronization, from Act! to Outlook
- Uses the same familiar setup process, options and logging.
Photo History on Mobile
- Purpose: Attach pictures and documents from your mobile device directly to Act! history
- New Act! Premium Mobile menu option to Attach Photo within a contact record
- New Attachment history type of Photo added
URLs in Documents
- Purpose: Provide document integration with popular business tools
- Link to any online or local document to the Documents tab using a URL
- Add links to Dropbox, SharePoint™, iCloud®, Google Docs™ and more to contact records
- Also accessible via SDK, giving add-on development opportunities
New Smart Task options
- Purpose: Provide further automation of daily tasks
- Send emarketing emails and follow up on hot leads
- Territory assignment – change Record Manager based on dynamic criteria
Streamlined configuration and access options
New streamlined configuration and access options give you faster access to support, easier onboarding, and peace of mind – making deployment a snap!
Import CSV from web access
- Purpose: Allow seamless import of contacts via Act! Premium for Web
- Accessible via new Tools < Import option
- Import CSV or TXT files using a familiar wizard process
- Respects existing user security roles
- Can be disabled for web users if required via amendment to web.config file
<add key="Act.Web.Import.IsImportAvailable" value="false" />
Global Preference Management
- Purpose: Easier configuration of larger Act! deployments
- Control the default Word Processor and Startup View
- New Update buttons within Tools > Preferences to apply for all current and future users
Silent Install Interface
- Purpose: Easier management of larger Act! deployments
- Simple interface and wizard process to easily create and distribute Silent Install scripts
- Creates a BAT file which can used to install and activate Act! silently
- New option to Create Installation Script on the installation menu
- SilentInstall.exe also available on root of install media
- Reduces the scope for errors in manually creating scripts
- The previous Silent Install method can also still be used
Create Remote from Web
- Purpose: Easily create and distribute remote databases via web access
- Accessible via Tools > Remote Database Synchronization
- Simply specify remote database name and sync set to create rdb file
- The completed rdb file can be downloaded to the local PC
Browse users no longer require a license
- Purpose: Provide access to important customer data for more of your business or team
- Browse users can be created at no additional charge, and without requiring a license
- Act! Pro maintains maximum limit of 10 active users
- Our default activation tolerances have been increased to reduce registration issues
Hide Inactive Users
- Purpose: Speed up data entry
- Can be enabled or disabled within Tools > Manage Users
- Inactive users do not appear in Schedule For and Record Manager drop downs
A fresh, new look
Discover the new, modern look of Act!, and easily access resources, tools, and a variety of apps that help you get more out of your solution.
New, modern look
- Updated colors and icons for menu and navigation options
- New default layouts (included in the demo database and new Act! databases)
- New 1366 x 768 layout improves support for widescreen displays
- Easy access to a variety to apps, right from the integrated Act! Marketplace
- Extend the power and possibilities of Act!
- Exclusive discounts for Business Care members
Act! Welcome Page
- New, dynamic Welcome Page
- Provides access to webinars, tutorials and updates on the latest news from Act!
Closed Customer Reported Defects in Act! v17
- 103745 - Act Premium Mobile when Eastern Time Zone is selected on an iOS 7 Device activities show an hour earlier
- 103367 - An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator for assistance. After searching for an opportunity on APM
- 102748 - Back button gives error when creating calculated field
- 103755 - Creating a remote database does not package all Attachments
- 103465 - Creating a yearly event changes duration from 1 day to 2 days
- 103419 - Customise Columns causes errors on call list screen
- 103329 - Multi select items unchecked when viewed from browser with show description enabled
- 103775 - Act! prompts to rollover activities but doesn’t rollover all activities
- 103698 - Editing layout with Contact Timeline feature pack enabled throws error and removes tab
- 103642 - Error Message: There was an exception uploading contacts.VALIDATION_FAILED or Error Message: There was an exception uploading contacts.Validation failed for one or more entities. When sending a blast from AEM
- 103715 - Exporting opportunity list to Microsoft Excel without the Weighted Total and Total column fails with error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: sumColumnFields"
- 103434 - Firefox Browser cuts off Types and Priorities dropdown in APFW
- 103759 - When creating a new opportunity while in the Contact view it opens up a prior opportunity
- 103880 - Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length
- 103812 - Memory leak when creating histories
- 103433 - Priorities and Type drop downs are cut off when using Google Chrome
- 103463 - Product with a zero value aren't added to opportunities
- 103424 - Resizing fonts in the Activities Detail tab sets font size to 7 regardless of what size is chosen and cannot be changed back when using Google Chrome.
- 103507 - Standard Users can't not edit a contact in Premium Mobile
- 99291 - Syncing calendar to Google will send Google Invites
- 103753 - Timeline tab missing after changing layout
- 103645 - Unable to update Campaign History for AEM
- 103505 - When attempting to create a Note, History, or Activity and associate it with a contact in an Act! database, Type-ahead stops working after placing the comma after a last name.
- 103757 - When creating a new Opportunity from a contact it displays the wrong opportunity - DE 16.1
- 103110 - Act Scheduler Confirmation Email Spelling Mistake
- 102984 - Act! v16 Pro installation billboard contains spelling error
- 103422 - APFW doesn't show checkboxes if Show Description selected for picklist, but no description
- 103118 - Can't navigate through Web Info tab links in Act! for Web
- 103269 - Carriage returns in memo fields are replaced with |n-+r| in Act! Premium Web v16 when using Google Chrome
- 103177 - Company Summary report doesn't show date correctly
- 103112 - Contents of field selected after scheduling activity
- 103021 - Garbage Characters Display in Activity Detail Tab in the Desktop Clint When Scheduling Activity in Sage ACT! Premium (access via web) Client from an Email
- 102626 - Import of Companies from Excel does not Obey Record Creation Preferences for limited access
- 102996 - Import Product list can truncate product name
- 101664 - Multiple ACTMailMerger.exe processes in Task Manager after performing Mail Merge in ACT! For Web
- 103139 - Unable to edit template Office 2013
- 103233 - Unusual characters attached to history from emails cause remote DB sync to fail with 'Agent Facade' error
- 102851 - v16 SDK has dead links
- 103927 - Adding more than 48 static contacts to a group results in no contacts added to the group
- 103631 - APFW: Client logs out the user when trying to upload a file of more than 100 MB to a history
- 103841 - Email activation uses wrong email address
- 103838 - Online Support menu link for Act! Online Community redirects to wrong URL
- 103794 - Only one AEM account can be active for all Web users at a time. All Web users have access to it when any user logs on to it. All have no access when any Web user logs off it.
- 103919 - Opportunities with multiple contacts display different contacts and company association on the web and installed client
Open Customer Reports Defects in Act! v17
- 103215 - Remote database syncs all attachments and ignores sync set
- 103754 - Price is rounded when selecting from product list and viewing from list
- 103259 - Google Unicode data is not synchronized.
- 103462 - Error: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'... error 2601" When Attempting to Backup, Copy, Repair, Create a Remote, Or Synchronize an Act! Database
- 102659 - APFW: "Export to Excel" menu displays as grey for Contact List when second time to export contact list.
- 103924 - SAPM:Mobile SMTP setup preferences are not defaulted after those set through APFW settings.
- 101902 - Group with Criteria of 'Edit Date = Today' does not appear in the Contacts Show Dynamic Membership
- 103609 - APFW - Follow up button on Opportunity>Activities Tab, creates a Activity against the last contact you were on in Contact section
- 103941 - Google attachments of history are still going to users even when the option is unchecked
- 100099 - Google recurring timeless events sync incorrectly
- 103471 - Long URL in E-mail body has invalid hyperlink in History
- 103420 - Default field value is retained even after being deleted
- 103744 - Duplicate images in template do not display when merged to Email
- 103644 - Recording History in Word prompts to Save document
- 103239 - SAPM: Some Unicode characters in contact name cannot be displayed in Mobile client.
- 103874 - AEM Web form fields are not required
- 103882 - SAPM: Return to login page after click edit history icon.
- 103175 - History cannot be generated after make some changes to the calculated field when the calculated field history generator is enabled.
- 103249 - Changing Report Sort Order on Activities Report Causes Duplication
- 101937 - Changing sort order in Contact Report changes the number of results returned
- 103171 - APFW: The “Ok” button and “Cancel” button don’t work in the Contact Name dialog using Google Chrome browser.
- 103134 - APFW: Script error pops up when edit and save history data under “History” tab of contact detail view.
- 101869 - Performance hit with large amounts of rows in the TBL_Preference table
- 103778 - The Insert Note page will not respond if add a large size file in the attachment.
- 101897 - Contact History Records Not Exported to a Copy Database Successfully
- 103742 - Yes/No fields not showing boxes on list view when they are on spillover table
- 103643 - New Contact doesn't give blank record after doing create lookup from calendar view.
- 103477 - New activity type not available in history filters until Act! is restarted
- 103784 - When saving a merged Word document the save box appears twice.
- 103328 - Unable to delete user with private activity series
- 100469 - Google recurring activity syncs incorrectly to ACT!
- 103418 - Opportunities Dashboard - Closed Sales to Date - 7, 30 and 90 days filters not working correctly
- 102927 - When Sage 50 accounts link plugin is installed the install language changes to English (United States)
- 103449 - Call Phone button not working in APFW Mobile on Android phone in Chrome
- 103432 - Mail merge fields not staying in correct place
- 101594 - Shortcuts added to the documents tab by a windows 7 PC are unable to be opened by Windows XP machines
- 103370 - Advance query constraint "within next [days]" showing outside range of the values.
- 102491 - APFW: Script error message pops up after selecting "Select Group/Company" button on IE8.
- 103712 - Customise Columns not retained on emarketing call list tab
- 100246 - Move DB retains a duplicate copy of supplemental files in original location
- 102132 - The default country in the phone dialog for new contact is not the country of My Record if the new contact's "country" field is blank.
- 103659 - Opportunities by Product report does not work with a large amount of data
- 102068 - Files left behind after an uninstall
- 102145 - Custom product fields do not show as available to add to an opportunity or product report report
- 102173 - Mobile shows incorrect message when the trial has expired
- 103908 - Calculated field is not updating while clicking the save button in opportunities
- 102993 - Quick Print Preferences are not retained.
- 101292 - Comma in contact name is removed when contact is synchronized to Outlook