Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
Note: These steps are only applicable to databases which are not already connected to the Microsoft SQL Server (ACT7) instance, for example, if you have manually moved the database without creating a backup or you are trying to recreate the .PAD file after detaching from Microsoft SQL Server.
- Launch Act!, then click File > Open/Share database or Open Database (depending on version)
- Click The database I want is not listed
Note: If you are using Sage ACT! 2011 or older, skip to step 3
- Browse to the new location where the database files are
- In the file type dropdown, select Act! Database (*.ADF)
- Select the database .ADF file, then click Open
- When prompted to allow Act! to verify the database, click OK to begin the process of reattaching the database to Microsoft SQL Server and opening the database in the new location