Version Found: 18.0.2
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a syncset available to one or all users with a criteria, such as "contact contains Y"
- Create a remote database using that syncset
- Unpack the remote and attempt to login
The user receives the Error: "Could not authenticate user. Verify the name and password, and try again." The user Role is irrelevant.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you create a backup of your main database before proceeding with this workaround. For instructions on creating a backup of your database, refer to the following knolwedgebase article:
How to back up and restore an Act! database
Answer ID How to back up and restore an Act! database
Follow the steps below on the server computer only.
- Ensure that Act! is closed
- Download and save the DBFixer found in the File Attachments section of this article
- Once downloaded, double-click the DBFixer to launch it
- When prompted, read the disclaimer, then click OK
- From the Database Name drop-down, select the name of the main database which the remote was created from, then click Apply Fix
- When the notification of completion appears, click OK, then click Close to close the DBFixer Utility
- Recreate the remote database that was experiencing the issue, then unpack and restore it on the remote computer
Reference #: D-04012
Status: Closed - Fixed in v18.1