Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
Version: v18.2 and later
Integration: Act! Connect Link
- In order to use the Act! Connect Link with Act! Premium, you must have a valid subscription and be using at least Act! v18.2. If you are using Act! Premium v18.0 or v18.1, you can upgrade to Act! Premium v18.2 here: http://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act-premium-v18
- In order to use the Act! Connect Link, you must ensure that outbound exceptions for TCP Port 22 have been added to your antivirus or firewall (you do NOT need to add inbound exceptions). For information on adding this exception, refer to your antivirus or firewall documentation, or refer to an IT Professional.
- If you intend to use the Act! Connect Link with a database or databases which are shared across your network, the Act! Connect Link must be installed on the server where the database files reside.
- The Act! Connect Link acts as a virtual tunnel to port 80 on your machine. If you have a website that redirects all traffic on port 80 then it will be directed to that site instead of the API. The Act! Connect Link cannot be configured for a different port.
Follow the steps below to install the Act! Connect Link:
- Download and save the Act! Connect Link here: http://www.act.com/inproduct/ie/acl2_install
- Double-click the downloaded file to launch the installer
- On the InstallShield Wizard welcome page, click Next
- If desired, choose a custom destination folder by clicking Browse…, otherwise, click Next
- Click the Install button to begin installation
- When the installation completes, click Finish
Once installed, the Act! Connect Link will generate a machine specific URL that will be used to connect the database to third-party applications. The URL generated will only allow you to connect third-party applications to databases that reside on the same machine where the URL is being generated. You can only obtain this URL by logging into Act! Premium from the database server, then going to the Act! Connect Page. All machines running the Act! Connect Link must be powered on and connected to the internet in order for integrations to function.