Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Act! v19.2 delivers the features and improvements detailed below:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Certification
Provides compatibility with the latest Windows Server operating system.
- Windows Server 2016 has passed our internal certification for use with Act! v19.2.
- This update resolves key defects to ensure compatibility, and includes an update to InstallShield for a more stable installation on later operating systems.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Certification
Adds compatibility with SQL Server 2016 for customers who like to stay updated with the latest SQL database technology.
- SQL Server 2016 has passed our internal certification for use with Act! v19.2.
- The Act! installation process will now detect an 'ACT7' instance created using SQL Server 2016 Express or Standard editions.
Important: Act! v19.2 will continue to ship with and install SQL Server 2014 (Express) by default. Customers wishing to use SQL Server 2016 must either manually create an ACT7 instance prior to installing Act!, or upgrade the default SQL Server 2014 instance following the Act! install.
- Customers wishing to use SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition must own the relevant licenses required to conform to Microsoft's licensing requirements.
- Update to InstallShield 2016
Provides a more stable installation platform with later operating systems.
- The Act! installer package has been updated to the current InstallShield version, giving improved native support for the latest Windows operating systems.
- This upgrade also helps us to make future installer-related improvements, and more easily add support for new and updated operating systems in later Act! releases.
- Improved Google Chrome user experience
Provides improvements for web customers using the Google Chrome browser to access their database.
Important: Whilst this release will provide an improved experience for users of Chrome for Mac, full certification of this browser will not be included in Act! v19.2. This certification will be completed in a later Act! release.
- Act! v19.2 resolves 30+ specific issues affecting the Chrome browser
- This includes 15 areas where unnecessary full screen refreshes were affecting performance and customer experience.
- Further details of the specific issues resolved are included below.
Web Client Improvements
- Updated web client rich text (RTF) controls
Provides web users with improved formatting controls when entering free text.
- New rich text (RTF) controls added to the Details sections on Notes, Histories, Activities and Relationships dialogs.
- Includes additional web-friendly fonts and an improved selection of font sizes.
- New options for strikethrough formatting, text background colors, and bullet points.
- Addresses a number of in-market issues affecting the previous rich text controls.
Act! emarketing Improvements
- Improved Act! emarketing Call List
Improves the performance and usability of the Act! emarketing Call List feature for both desktop and web client users.
- New date range filter for campaigns, so users can focus on just the results they need and quickly follow up.
- Downloaded campaign lists will now be cached, giving improved performance as users navigate to and from the Act! emarketing view.
- New Welcome Page views based on product tier and subscription
Allows more targeted messaging to better support and nurture different customer segments.
- Includes new Welcome Page views for customers using:
- Act! Pro
- Act! Premium with no subscription
- Act! Premium Cloud paid accounts
- Includes new Welcome Page views for customers using:
Integrations and Web API
- New Act! Companion features
New mobile functionality gives users even more power to manage their activities and contacts on the move.
- Schedule new activities and to-do's from within the Activities view.
- Mark activities as complete, and schedule follow-ups.
- Create new contacts and edit existing records from within the Contacts view.
- New notification settings, allowing you to choose which notifications you see.
- On-going improvements to the Act! Web API
We continue to improve the performance, stability and functionality of the Web API, enhancing the power of both Swiftpage and partner driven integrations.
- An updated Web API version will be available alongside Act! v19.2.
- Details of the specific improvements will be published closer to launch.
Defects Closed in Act! v19.2 to Date
The defects below are resolved in v19.2:
- D-05849 - New database can’t be created when we install SQL Server 2012 Standard.
- D-05843 - APFW-Dates filter-The Dates filter for tabs decreases once each time you click it
- D-05839 - APFW - Issue with Shift Click multi-selecting in alarms window
- D-05835 - APFW- Edit-> Replace Field: The entire page is refreshed automatically after clicked the 'Cancel' button.
- D-05830 - APFW - Chrome - Relate Contact - two scroll bars in the bottom two "relate contacts" drop-downs
- D-05827 - Chrome - Schedule activity from non-activity-related main views causes full screen refresh
- D-05826 - Chrome - Schedule activity from Dashboard view causes full screen refresh
- D-05825 - Chrome - Schedule activity from Task List view causes full screen refresh
- D-05824 - Chrome - Schedule activity from Company detail view causes full screen refresh
- D-05823 - Chrome - Schedule activity from Group detail view causes full screen refresh
- D-05816 - APFW-IE11- The toolbar of RTF is partially covered by gray area after unchecked the “Add Details to History” option.
- D-05810 - APFW - Create Company From Contact Greyed Out in IE.
- D-05799 - HPP's need to be able to add more than one subscription serial number on a machine
- D-05798 - APFW - copying image into note from MS word makes it impossible to save note and causes logout
- D-05795 - The Act! Application needs reboot continuously and cannot be installed successfully.
- D-05794 - BETA - Act for Web Installation sticks in a reboot loop.
- D-05783 - APFW- Cannot sync Outlook with APFW installed via IS 2016
- D-05774 - APFW – Opportunities List View export to excel, there is no data in the excel table.
- D-05772 - APFW-IE11- The “Private” layout not aligned with the button box in the Record History dialog box.
- D-05765 - APFW-Opportunity detail view: The control of Probability do not display properly
- D-05760 - Changing the type of an activity when scheduling sets all dates and times to 'undefined'
- D-05758 - On the "Act! Diagnostics" Dialog box, the “Change Time Zone” feature still can be used even if we input wrong password for the database.
- D-05757 - On the "Act! Diagnostics" dialog box, an error pops up after clicked “SQLDiagSnapshot” or “SQLDiagMonitor ” button on the “Server-SQL Diagnostics” page.
- D-05756 - On the "Act! Diagnostics" dialog box, an error pop up after clicked “Server Configuration Manager” button on the Server-Server Security page.
- D-05755 - The “Apply” and “Cancel” button doesn't display after clicked the “Server Settings” button.
- D-05754 - The introduced place can be edited and the password can’t be changed after clicked “Reset SQL Password” button.
- D-05750 - Outlook sync history log sporadically deleted during syncs
- D-05745 - The “Next” button can’t be clicked when click back to the previous page.
- D-05739 - APFW-The words “Automatically update this field without prompting the user” displays non-English language in Update Field page.
- D-05728 - APFW - New Contact retains Documents tab contents.
- D-05725 - End User License Agreement- The End User License Agreement displays previous version information.
- D-05710 - APFW - Clicking on email address in detail view of contact in Chrome v57 does nothing.
- D-05707 - APFW - Multi Select drop down missing bottom item from list.
- D-05695 - APFW - Error messages in Event Viewer show username and password in plain text.
- D-05685 - APFW – Chrome – Manage Users – Unable to retain user as a contact when select retain this user’s contact detail after click “Delete User”.
- D-05683 - APFW - Write>Email message not working in Chrome
- D-05682 - API no longer validates Business Care entitlement
- D-05677 - APFW - After multiple incorrect login attempts don't get error saying database will be locked for x minutes.
- D-05676 - APFW - Error when creating drop down list.
- D-05672 - APFW - Alarms not appearing after closing tab with alarms window open.
- D-05671 - APFW –Chrome- Define Fields - The Created Calculated field dialog returns to Home page automatically when click “OK” button in the “Validate Formula” dialog box.
- D-05670 - Outlook Integration will fail when Act! run as admin and Outlook open and not run as admin
- D-05647 - APFW - Able to create a remote database starting with numbers
- D-05646 - Layout selector prefixes all layout names with "Basic Contact Layout"
- D-05643 - APFW - Unable to schedule activities if not viewing own calendar in Chrome.
- D-05632 - APFW - Manager Users cannot unlock/lock database via web.
- D-05619 - Outlook Activity Sync Deletes Calendar entries from Act!
- D-05617 - Opt-outs not setting back to false when Download Campaign history
- D-05603 - Copying and pasting an activity causes an object reference error
- D-05581 - Missing column label in Copy Contact Data
- D-05573 - APFW - When using Edit > Replace, OK button doesn't become active if info pasted into the box.
- D-05552 - 19.1 - Copyright is still 2016 in mobile client.
- D-05545 - APFW - Sort order on Opportunity list is not maintained on second and subsequent pages.
- D-05536 - Note preview remains when switching to a company with no notes
- D-05517 - Prem - Alarms - Some cleared timeless activities are displaying alarms after upgrade to 19.0
- D-05516 - Prompted to install 'Web API' instead of 'Act Connect Link' at end of Premium install.
- D-05468 - Social Updates tab gives error on Facebook.
- D-05462 - APFW - Going to Detail View from a Lookup resets the lookup.
- D-05458 - Colour Schemes in Act!.
- D-05453 - APFW - Logged out of database when entering a note after running a report.
- smart task.
- D-05358 - APFW - Cannot Delete or Duplicate Opportunities in List View
- D-05315 - APFW - Logging onto APFW with a space as the User Name gives an infinite login display
- D-05313 - Unable to add new opportunity after changing Weighted Total decimal places.
- D-05308 - Clicking default checkbox when setting up outlook email makes error pop up
- D-05264 - Database left locked after closing Tools>Define using 'x' in Chrome.
- D-05164 - Date and Time information display incorrectly when Export Task List to Excel
- D-05133 - Original Scheduled date in Schedule Activity dialog is truncated
- D-05109 - APFW - Chrome - Advanced query from first value does not show operators
- D-05050 - Installer - Installer does not detect SQL 2016 Standard is installed
- D-05005 - Spelling error on dialog notifying when no Smart Tasks available
- D-04984 - APFW - Reports containing German characters in the name do not run
- D-04934 - APFW - Calendar - Monthly - Navigating with the Arrows does not (always) refresh the Calendar View Correctly
- D-04901 - APFW - Calendar view - New session reverts to monthly view
- D-04789 - Chrome – Select the item of “Dates” on Task List page cause a full screen refresh.
- D-04767 - APFW-When the Company menu is expanded, the Update Linked Contacts menu option isn't grayed out.
- D-04741 - Chrome - Close a schedule Activity dialog cause a full screen refresh.
- D-04733 - Chrome - Opportunities - “Adding/Editing a Note record” causes a full screen refresh
- D-04730 - Chrome – Opportunities -“creating a new activity” causes a full screen refresh
- D-04725 - Chrome – Opportunities - Add / Edit Product causes a full screen refresh
- D-04724 - Chrome - Contacts - Add/edit a relationship causes a full screen refresh
- D-04723 - Chrome - Delete a secondary contact record causes a full screen refresh
- D-04717 - APFW - Contact - History Tab -- retain data from another contact when creating a new contact
- D-04705 - Chrome –Contact - History Tab-Editing a history record cause a full screen refresh.
- D-04702 - Chrome –Contact - Activities Tab-Create new activity cause a full screen refresh.
- D-04657 - Alarms Dialog - Customer reports Snoozing large numbers of alarms does not work.
- D-04641 - Facebook page on web info tab coming up with error.
- D-04636 - Chrome: RTF Toolbar Font Size control sets size to max - cannot reset or change to other values.
- D-04599 - Missing a space between ''calendar" and "to" on the Advanced Preferences dialog of Synchronize Calendar
- D-04405 - UK - Registration Wizard localization error - changes "Statement" to "Countyment"
- D-04141 - APFW - Different Alarm Snooze options between Web and Software client.
- D-04092 - Images in templates show as attachments when merged through v18
- D-03998 - APFW - Chrome - When creating a new note, shows multiple fonts as default.
- D-03899 - Activity Icons - Custom Activity Icons default to Paperclip Icon
- D-03890 - Activity Icons - Custom Activity Icons default to Black background.
- D-03875 - Option to hide Universal Search box is ignored after restart of Act!
- D-03751 - APFW - Advanced Query - Save icon Stretches when leaving value field
- D-03569 - APFW - Chrome - Customize Column options pop up window is not opened in dashboard
- D-03467 - APFW: Record History - The behaviour of font and size dropdown selection is not functioning properly
- D-03466 - Browser_Chrome: Record History-On clicking upon 'Theme fonts and Size' dropdown two scrollbars getting displayed
- D-03465 - Browser-Chrome: Record History-Spell check icon is missing
- D-03462 - Reports - IE10/IE11 - Tabs and options are not the same as in chrome browser for contacts & Gross Margin
- D-03461 - Reports - IE10/IE11 - Tabs and options are not the same as in chrome browser for Pipe line and sales
- D-03460 - Reports - IE10/IE11 - Tabs and options are not the same as in chrome browser for histories
- D-03459 - Reports - IE10/IE11 - Tabs and options are not the same as in chrome browser for Groups
- D-03458 - Ultrawebgrid-Reports - IE10/IE11 - Tabs and options are not the same as in chrome browser for opportunities
- D-03457 - UltrawebGrid-Reports - IE10/IE11 - Tabs and options are not the same as in chrome browser for company
- D-03315 - Calendar shrunk in Reports -> Contacts Reports, calendar size should be same for From and To fields
- D-02671 - An Error pops up when click save button after removed contact activities tab.
- D-02585 - KB link in installer error message is incorrect - points to sage link
- D-02582 - Calendar banners overlapping.
- D-02521 - APFW - IE11 - Dashboard: Truncation occurred about OK and Cancel button at the bottom of the filter dialog.