Product Family: Act!
Meet the modern, new Act! v20 complete with interactive, graphical Act! Insight dashboards, visually stunning design updates, integrated emarketing with optimized workflow, and numerous compatibility and usability improvements that make Act! even better!
Note: Some features are available in Act! Premium only
Act! v20 delivers the features and improvements detailed below:
Act! Insight (requires Act! Premium)
Interactive, graphical Act! Insight dashboards
Provides instant, valuable insight to customers across a range of performance, financial and operational metrics.
- New module accessible via the Act! Insight navigation bar option.
- Introduces 10 new out-of-the-box charts in the areas of Key Insights, Sales Metrics and Customer Interactions.
- Personalize and configure the dashboard charts, appearance and filters through the all-new contextual menu.
- Create new charts based on Contact, Opportunity, Activity or History data.
Updates to Act! Companion bring the power of Act! Insight to your mobile device
Provides powerful information to users on the road.
- Introduction of the new Insight view containing dashboards.
- Includes the all-new ‘Key Insight’ dashboards for view in Companion.
A fresh new look to the desktop client
Provides an updated, modern look and feel to the Act! desktop client, giving an improved user experience and consistency with the web client.
- New menu and toolbar designs with contemporary icons.
- The redesigned left hand navigation bar can be switched between black and silver themes using Tools > Customize > Color Scheme.
- Visual updates also made to the installation process and offline views of the Welcome and Act! Connect pages.
New web client login page design (requires Act! Premium (access via web) or Act! Premium Cloud)
Provides a clean and modern login dialog for the web client, giving an improved first touch point to Act! Premium Web or Act! Premium Cloud users.
- Redesigned login dialog box using the unmistakable Act! brand.
Compatibility (requires Act! Premium (access via web) or Act! Premium Cloud)
New compatibility added for Chrome™ for Mac browser
Extends our supported web client platforms out to Mac users, by providing support for one of the most popular web browsers.
- Chrome™ for Mac has completed certification for use with Act! v20, and now features on our System Requirements.
- Note that the native Office integration functionality in the web client is not supported with Chrome™ (for Windows or Mac).
- Integration with Office for Mac is however supported using the Act! Premium Contact Link.
New embedded Act! emarketing with optimized workflow
Provides a deeply integrated set of new, intuitive Act! emarketing views, to help customers maximize the functionality and value of their emarketing account.
- Brings 100% of Act! emarketing functionality inside of Act!. No more redirects out to the online emarketing web site in your browser.
- New Overview page gives quick access to support and education resources, and key account information.
- New Create, Send and Track views provide an improved and intuitive workflow.
- Full-screen Call List view makes it easier to follow up on sent campaigns.
Close opportunities from the List View
Increases list view usability by adding frequently used functions.
- New right-click/context menu option on the Opportunity List view for ‘Edit Opportunity Status’
- Allows opportunities to quickly be re-opened, closed, or marked inactive directly from the list view.
New opportunity field – Days in Stage
Provides additional insight into how opportunities are being managed, allowing you make process improvements or to quickly see deals needing attention.
- New field ‘Days in Stage’ is available on opportunity layouts for new databases.
- Shows the number of days a specific opportunity has been in its current stage.
- The field can be manually added to opportunity layouts and list views for upgraded databases.
- Use the field in conjunctions with lookups and sorts to identify opportunities of interest.
Freeze columns functionality (Windows client only)
Increases the usability of list views and tabs throughout Act!, making it easier for customers to work with larger lists of data.
- New option added to the existing Customize Columns dialog to freeze columns.
- User can specify how many columns they would like to be frozen.
- Frozen columns are preserved after restarting Act!.
- Functionality is only available via the Windows client, due to limitations with the current web client controls for these areas.
Updated Act! demo database
Update demo database provides more rich content, improving the Act! trial and demo experience, and giving a great educational tool for new users.
- New ACT2018Demo database is installed with Act! v20.
- Includes additional contact records, and a wide variety of note, history, activity and opportunity data.
‘Share With’ and ‘Contact’ columns removed from Notes and History tabs
Ensures the most relevant data is displayed by default for users.
- The ‘Share With’ and ‘Contacts’ columns no longer appear by default on the Notes or Histories tabs.
- These columns were found to be confusing for new Act! users, and were commonly manually removed from views due to the low value.
Updated Delete Database messaging
Updated messaging helps to prevent accidentally deletion of Act! databases.
- The two-phase confirmation messages when attempting to delete an Act! database now give more stern warnings that the deletion is permanent.
Integrations and Act! API (requires Act! Premium)
Ask Act!™ with Amazon Alexa
Interact with Act! through simple, verbal requests to Amazon Alexa via Ask Act!.
- Introduces leading edge voice integration for active Act! Premium subscribers.
- Supports the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot.
- Available via the Amazon Alexa Skills store
- Ask for key Act! contact or calendar details, and create new notes or activities.
On-going improvements to the Act! API
Continued improvements to the performance, stability and functionality of the Act! API, enhancing the power of both Swiftpage and partner driven integrations.
- An updated API version will be available alongside Act! v20.0.
- API access is now available to all trial users.
- Details of the specific improvements will be published closer to launch.
Act! API installed by default
Ensures the functionality of the API is readily available to all active subscribers.
- The core components of the API are now installed by default with all Act! Premium and Premium Web installations.
- These components are a requirement of the new Act! Insight functionality.
- External (outside of the network) access to the API is not required for Act! Insight.
- The Act! Connect Link is still an optional install for Act! Premium users.
Defects Closed in Act! v20
Note: The list of defects below only cover the defects closed at the release of Act! v20.0. For a list of defects fixed in updates for Act! v20.0, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
What issues have been fixed in Act! updates?
- D-02443 - APFW - Tool Tip is not displayed for attach File and create Look up icons
- D-02456 - Some data can’t be displayed in Contact view after click Replace Field.
- D-02463 - APFW - Chrome - Print Filter - Right edge needs formating on most areas in the window as the shadow is missing using IE10 Native
- D-02485 - APFW - IE11 - Mail Merge: "Attach" and "Remove" buttons needs to be adjust in Mail Merge pop up dailog.
- D-02486 - APFW - IE10 - Mail Merge: "Attach" and "Remove" buttons needs to be adjust in Mail Merge pop up dailog.
- D-02516 - APFW - Dashboard: Cannot set Custom Date range in Dashboard Filters
- D-02579 - Screen compatible bit-map cannot be created
- D-02630 - Sage ACT! appears in CD browser if Adobe Reader not installed
- D-02649 - Unparsable Query
- D-02702 - Files left behind after an uninstall
- D-02714 - APFW & Windows - Performance hit with large amounts of rows in the TBL_Preference table
- D-03374 - APFW - Reports - Old version icon for opportunity displayed in report template in v18.0 version.
- D-03375 - Reports - Company - Old version icon for company displayed in report template in v18.0 version.
- D-03376 - Reports - Contacts - Old version icon for contact displayed in report template in v18.0 version.
- D-03378 – Reports - Pipe line & Sales - Old version icon for Pipe line & Sales displayed in report template in v18.0 version.
- D-03379 - Reports - Groups - Old version icon for group displayed in report template in v18.0 version.
- D-03380 - Reports - History - Old version icon for history displayed in report template in v18.0 version.
- D-03381 - Reports - Old version icon is displayed in report template in v18.0 version.
- D-03425 - Emarketing - Deleting a call list from the bottom left hand pane resets any filtering that was applied
- D-03603 - APFW: Companies: Tooltip for list view not getting displayed for lookup, customise columns and company icon
- D-03615 - APFW - Clean out old grid componenet code from Documents Tab
- D-03616 - APFW - Clean out old grid componenet code from Group List View
- D-03625 - APFW - Group List View - When Page Refreshes Screen Loses Sense of Which Row Was Selected
- D-03628 - APFW - Companies view - Division column shows no value even though the record is division
- D-03629 - APFW - Group List View - Parity with WIndows - Status Bar Doesn't Have Number of Groups Listed
- D-03788 - Act! Premium Branding - Windows - Google Integration Has Orange Act! Icon
- D-03847 - APFW - Contact - Add New Opportunity - The Save and Print icons need to have Focus distinction added
- D-03994 - APFW - Contacts - Selecting "Tag Mode" text selects box, but doesn't enable functionality.
- D-04088 - APFW - Contact Detail View - Secondary contacts tab - Extra blank field name appears in Customized Columns
- D-04347 - Following Act! Install, Windows 10 resets file association of .adt to Groove Music
- D-04478 - Secondary Contacts not visible in RDB if main contact has limited access set.
- D-04536 - Creating a new url field and adding it to user links in web info tab brings through blank page.
- D-04540 - Modify ActDiag to eliminate use of System.Xml.XmlDataDocument
- D-04578 - "Engage view" showing in back button history list.
- D-04580 - Selected item not highlighted when assigning resources/users to an activity
- D-04651 - APFW - Unable to rename a layout tab in Chrome.
- D-04682 - APFW - Installation - API - Installation process does not prompt to install latest API if an older version already exists.
- D-04686 - BETA - Windows - Installation - API - Installation process does not prompt to install latest API if an older version already exists.
- D-04740 - Chrome - Quick Lookup - Create New Contact / Keyword Search - Cannot display the relevant page
- D-04774 - All attachments are created in a remote database ignoring the sync set.
- D-04781 - Uninstaller URL's are incorrect.
- D-04799 - Manage Sender Profiles - Decouple State field from United States country
- D-04858 - Remote Database Naming Issue
- D-04895 - APFW – Incorrect behavior after press button “Reset” on the Filter dialog box
- D-05177 - APFW - Logging in with wrong credentials on a previous session pops "Unable to authenticate user" dialog on next session
- D-05220 - The Reschedule Activity option is enabled for cleared activity
- D-05223 - Incorrect branding on Act! Document Tab Add-in
- D-05224 - APFW - Quick Start Guide for New Users doesn't open following install
- D-05226 - Context menu option to create New Contact contains two spaces
- D-05260 - Truncation occur when active act! with expired serial number
- D-05265 - Advanced lookup on 'Actual Close Date' in Opportunities causes error.
- D-05320 - Secondary contacts not created in remote if user based sync set used.
- D-05357 - APFW - Cannot navigate to Opportunity if Opportunity has no name.
- D-05382 - Using existing AEM account in different database requires additional steps
- D-05400 - Global Toolbar Options - Displayed when no database logged into
- D-05438 - Changes to history recording on individual emails is ignored.
- D-05439 - LinkedIn search URL in Web Info tab broken.
- D-05443 - LC – DE/FR/CF - Text truncation display on Update Field dialog when add step to a smart task.
- D-05456 - APFW Setup Assistant branded as Act! Professional for Web
- D-05518 - APFW - Can link 2 contact fields to 1 company field via web.
- D-05521 - Release Act! memory is missing from ActDiag
- D-05527 - APFW - Incorrect branding on emarketing
- D-05574 - Object reference error when viewing company history tab when company list taking up majority of the screen.
- D-05599 - DLL Error (0x80040707) during install
- D-05611 - APFW - "Adjust for probability" is not grayed out when selecting other options
- D-05618 - MS Word 2010 & 2013 shows Blank page when writing a document from template
- D-05637 - When viewing an activity scheduled by another user it shows the scheduled for user.
- D-05644 - APFW - Calendar- Cannot change the “Ends” date through the keyboard input on Recurrence tab when reschedule a recurring activity.
- D-05675 - APFW – Chrome - Define Fields – Unable to delete drop-down list when select “Delete drop-down list” in the Manage drop-down lists Dialog.
- D-05701 - The “Database Location is required, Refer to help for more information” warning occurred when click the “Browse” button.
- D-05782 - APFW- Mail Merge>set about E-mail> an error box “Unterminated line set by server” pops up.
- D-05810 - APFW - Create Company From Contact Greyed Out in IE.
- D-05814 - APFW- The page is not responding when use Edit->Replace Field feature.
- D-05822 - APFW -Secondary contacts- Promote contact not disabled for users without permission
- D-05836 - APFW - Create Lookup in the Groups menu bar causes the user to logout.
- D-05850 - Installer - API install requires additional reboots due to IIS install attempt even if already installed
- D-05860 - Registration Wizard - Buy Now link is misaligned
- D-05861 - APFW - Shortcuts to folders don't work when clicked on.
- D-05882 - APFW - Notes Tab is not removed when trying to remove from Design Layout
- D-05898 - The Contacts textbox and button is not aligned on the "Add/Remove Contacts" dialog.
- D-05899 - APFW - Delete Team options is enabled even though if the user doesn't have any data.
- D-05902 - Windows - vCard import does not extract city, state, zip, or country
- D-05913 - Registration - The “Cancel” button displays truncation error in the prompt box.
- D-05925 - APFW - Notes/History font size not displaying correctly in tab list or preview pane.
- D-05927 - Unable to add Act! address book after 19.2 upgrade
- D-05948 - Out of Memory Errors and Red Crosses in Act!
- D-05954 - Mac - Chrome- The “Schedule Activity” page layout is incorrect.
- D-05957 - SDK - Updates to Edit Date and Last Edited By not being triggered
- D-05958 - Chrome – A blank column is exist in available fields list after moving ‘Access Level’ to the order list.
- D-05965 - Chrome - The Edit-> Failed to swap and copy address
- D-05967 - APFW - Notes/Histories detail foreground colours not displayed in tab list or preview pane.
- D-05980 - APFW IE11- There is no any response when click “Send an Email Campaign” ”, “Manage My Account”, “Manage Sender Profiles”.
- D-05986 - Chrome – A black area appears when click the blank column on Documents tab.
- D-05989 - Chrome – A black area appears when switch the page from left navigation pane.
- D-07022 - The Premium uninstallation complete dialog shows layout issue.
- D-07025 - Custom duration for an activity not being set
- D-07030 - Mac - Chrome- There is no response after clicked the “Write E-mail” button.
- D-07032 - Prem - Alarms - Some cleared timeless activities are displaying alarms after upgrade to 19.0
- D-07055 - Mac-Chrome-The layout of “Schedule Activity” dialog is misaligned.
- D-07060 - APFW - Multiple instances of alarm windows spawning.
- D-07061 - Autoplay DemoShield title changes to 'Sage Act! CD Browser' when PC region is changed.
- D-07073 - Cannot open the new created database.
- D-07076 - APFW - Line breaks show as double spaced when creating new note/history/activity
- D-07086 - APFW - Replace Field not working on Yes/No fields.
- D-07087 - Office 2016 Build 8201 causes failures of integration due to new Office adal.dll
- D-07088 - Chrome – There is no space between ‘OK’ button and ‘Tech Support’ button.
- D-07089 - Chrome – Close ‘About Act!’ page causes full screen refresh.
- D-07102 - Chrome- The search result data has no changed when we switch the options of “show for” query criteria.
- D-07117 - APFW - Activities added in Chrome do not save information on details tab.
- D-07121 - APFW - Details entered when clearing an activity are not added to Follow Up activity.
- D-07122 - History regarding and details column showing regarding line with much larger font size
- D-07127 - APFW - The “Activity” dialog drop down list has a misaligned error.
- D-07129 - APFW – Input string “#” will be case some error when you edit reports.
- D-07139 - Update - When updating from "act notifications" - "Sage" appears in message that Act! is running
- D-07141 - Remove option to convert a database from Act! v6 or older
- D-07156 - APFW – Some links under Write can’t work when use ‘Microsoft Word’.
- D-07168 - Misspelt word in Create Webform dialogue
- D-07196 - APFW - IE - Pasting content from Word into notes/histories logs user out if it contains a table wider than 1 column
- D-07201 - Sending meeting invite crashes Act!
- D-07204 - APFW - Dart Mail licensing error when attempting to configure email settings
- D-07211 - APFW - Edit Functions not working on fields with drop down lists.
- D-07249 - The color of these unavailable icons on contacts toolbar is too light to see clearly
- D-07250 - User can’t see the icon clearly when mouse hovers on toolbar certain icon
- D-07251 - Out of Date Marketplace link in Manage Add-ons.
- D-07255 - Nav Pane - Background color for "lookup" and "related tasks" not correct
- D-07257 - Windows - Closing Act! results in crash
- D-07258 - Toolbar - First load of toolbar when opening program does not extend across screen
- D-07263 - Rep2 version of Opportunities by Record Manager returns incorrect results.
- D-07278 - New Button on different screens opens New Contact
- D-07283 - APFW - Data entered in Regarding field of an Opportunity Activity is lost when switching between tabs.
- D-07309 - Act! Premium/APC/APFW – Call List loading contacts in batches of 200, missing last batch
- D-07312 - AEM not clearing cache between AEM accounts
- D-07315 - The height of these two text boxes is not the same.
- D-07322 - APFW – Logout when clicking “Delete Call Lists” on E-marketing Call List page.
- D-07329 - APFW- Groups - cannot sort ascend or descend when clicking each column
- D-07340 - Search bar in navbar is too small, look on high res screens
- D-07403 - APFW - Line breaks show as double spaced when creating new note/history/activity
- D-07412 - APFW - Notes/History font size not displaying correctly
- D-07415 - APFW – All history records about the previous account on aem send page can’t be cleared entirely when aem user log off or switch account
- D-07432 - APC - User's previous lookup information being shared by all default users on an IIS server.
- D-07452 - APFW- Mail merge and Integration incorrect installed version.
- D-07487 - APFW - Group Name lookup returns all groups.
- D-07537 - APFW – Cannot remove attached documents