Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium Cloud (trial)
Field mapping is a method of telling a data import process that a field name in your source data is the same (or functionally the same) as a field name in the destination. This ensures that data is imported into the correct field during an import.
When importing a CSV file into your Act! Premium Cloud trial, the system compares the field names in your CSV (the source) to the default field names in the Act! database (the destination), and automatically maps any exact matches to each other. In some cases, during your import, you may find that some of the fields in your CSV do not match any of the fields that exist in Act!. When this happens, you have two options:
Option 1: Map to a comparable field name
- In the field mapping list, click the drop-down to the right of the name of the source field (the source field is in the “Map from this field” column)
- Look through the list of fields to see if there is a field name that is functionally the same as the source field
For example: If your source field is “Cellular Phone”, you could map to “Mobile Phone”
- If a similar field exists, select it and map any other fields as necessary.
If no similar field exists, or if you have additional fields with no field to map the data to, proceed to Option 2
Option 2: Create custom fields
- Make a note of all the source fields that do not have a field to map to, then cancel out of the import process
- Create a custom field for each source field you made a note of by following the instructions in the following knowledgebase article:
How do I add new database fields to my Act! Premium (access via web) database from a browser?
- Start the import process over, manually mapping if necessary