Question: How do I send marketing emails in Act! Marketing Automation?
Product Family: Emarketing
Product: Act! Marketing Automation
To send marketing emails in Act! Marketing Automation, you need to create a campaign. To do this:
- From the Act! Marketing Automation page, click Drip Marketing
- In the top-right of the screen, click Actions > New Campaign
- You will be presented with a list of turnkey campaigns that you can choose between in order to get a headstart with creating a campaign design. For example the Welcome Campaign Template has been created with 2 emails, 2 decisions based on emails opened and 2 Activity actions to call the recipients. Alternatively if you wish to start from scratch, you can choose the Blank campaign.
- In the Campaign Name field, enter a unique name for this campaign that will distinguish this campaign from other campaigns
- (optional)To associate keywords that will help you find this campaign in the future, enter some related tags in the Smart Tags field, pressing Enter between each entry to separate your tags into separate words
- Under Campaign Template, choose one of the following:
- Copy Campaign: allows you to copy the emails that have been sent in one of your previous campaigns. Choosing this option means that under the "Number of Emails in Campaign" option (see below), you can choose the emails from a previously created campaign.
- Event Marketing: allows you to set up several time-based stages, adding a pause for a particular event, such as a webinar or trade show. When the event is complete, you can import lists of people, then perform next actions based on specific rules, such as which people registered, or which people attended the event.
- Marketing: allows you to define an email series with timed intervals between each step. This campaign is intended for promotional marketing material, and requires you to include an unsubscribe link and your company address
- Marketing Transactional: includes timed intervals like the Marketing campaign, however, does not require you to include opt-out functionality within the email.
- Sales Pilot: A sales template is a more specialized template that allows you to define both email steps and phone call steps. The phone calls steps will require the sales person to complete the task before the next step can be started. This is similar to a call down list.
- Under Campaign Templates, Select the number of emails you wish to send in the series
Note: This number can be changed later if you need to.
- Under List Name, choose the list that contains the contacts who will receive this campaign
- Under List Compare Options, choose whether you wish to compare the chosen list to this campaign. For example, if you choose to compare lists to the campaign, any new contacts that are added to the List chosen in the previous step will be added to the campaign
- Choose the From Name and From email address that the emails will come from, as well as the email address that the recipients should reply to
- At the top-right, click Create to be taken to the campaign editor
- Edit the campaign as desired. For information on how to configure a marketing campaign, refer to the following video tutorials:
Act! Video Training Library: Drip Marketing
- If you want to send the campaign immediately, from Actions, select Activate. If there is anything that needs attention, it will be highlighted otherwise, click Activate.
- To schedule at to send the campaign at a later date or time, on the Campaign workflow that now displays, click on the downward arrow that says ‘Instant Release’.
- Choose a Time Interval or Specific Date/Time to send the campaign
- Click Save, from the Actions menu click Activate and Activate again.