Product Family: Act!
Note: This article is for registering Act! v21.0 only. If you are using v21.1 or above, please see the following article:
How to Register or Activate Act! from v21.1 Onwards
In order to use the Act! software you must make sure to register or activate the program. To do this, you will need to make sure you have an Internet connection (see the end of this article if you do not have one), and your Act! serial number provided to you at the point of sale. Once you have this, please follow the steps below in order to register the software.
- Open up Act!.
- If you are still in your trial period, you will be prompted to either Activate Now, or else Continue Trial.
NOTE: Trials of Act! typically last 14 days. After this period you will only have the option to register Act!. Cancelling this option will close the program.
After clicking Activate Now, the Activation Wizard will begin.
- On the next screen you will be able to see if you have any days remaining in your trial. Click Activate your License.
- You now have the option to either Activate Online, or Activate Offline. Activating the product offline will require a call to our technical support team, you can see details of how to get in touch at the bottom of this article. If at all possible however, please click Activate Online.
- In the User Registration screen, you will need to enter:
- Full Name
NOTE: If you connect to the Internet via a proxy server, you can click the Proxy Settings button to enter those credentials (the vast majority of customers will not be connecting via a proxy server so will have no need to click this).
Click Register to continue.
- You should now receive a message advising that your registration was successful. Click Next to continue.
- On the Activate Online screen, enter your serial number into the Activation Key field. You should have received this serial number at the
point of sale, typically on the "Welcome" email you will have received after purchasing the software.
Click Activate License Key. As long as a valid serial number has been entered correctly, you will then see a message advising that your license is now activated.
- Click the Finish button to end the activation process.
The method described above requires an Internet connection to register. If you do not have an Internet connection, please get in touch with our support teams directly who can assist you in registering and activating Act!:
- US Contact Us: https://www.act.com/contact-us
- UK Contact Us: https://www.act.com/en-uk/contact-us
- France Contact Us: https://www.act.com/fr-fr/contact
- Germany Contact Us: https://www.act.com/de-de/kontakt
If you are using a version of Act! older than v21.0, please see the below article for more information: