Product Family: Act!
Version: v21.1 and above
Note: For information on what the Act! Migration Wizard is, and step by step guides on how to use it, please see the following articles:
What is the Act! Migration Wizard?
How do I use the Act! Migration Wizard?
When using the Act! Migration Wizard, you will be prompted to provide connection details in order to access your Dynamics CRM database. This article advises exactly what connection information is required, and how to access this information in Dynamics CRM.
Connection Information Required:
- Username - The user name you use to access your Dynamics CRM database.
- Password - The password you use to access your Dynamics CRM database.
- URL - After logging into Dynamics CRM, this is the first portion of the URL that displays in your browser's address bar. If your account is hosted by Dynamics 365, it is typically something like https://my-company.crm.dynamics.com. If your CRM instance is hosted on-premises, it will contain a server name or a portion of your company's domain. If you aren't sure, ask your system administrator.
- CRM Version - If your account is hosted by Dynamics 365, choose CRMOnline. If your CRM instance is hosted on-premises (by your own company), choose CRM2011+.
- Internet Facing Deployment - This option is only used in some cases if your CRM instance is hosted on-premises (by your own company). If you aren't sure, leave it unchecked. If you're having trouble connecting to your instance, try checking it or ask your system administrator.