Question: How do I export my templates from Swiftpage emarketing to Act! Marketing Automation?
Product Family: emarketing
Product: Swiftpage emarketing, Act! Marketing Automation
Important Notice - Swiftpage emarketing has been retired
Swiftpage emarketing was retired on June 30, 2019. You have been entered into a grace period through August 5th, 2019. In order to ensure your email marketing efforts remain uninterrupted, you have been provided an Act! Marketing Automation account, and have until August 5th to fully transition from Swiftpage emarketing to Act! Marketing Automation.
Your action is required. Sending out of Swiftpage emarketing will be disabled after August 5th, 2019. You must take action to migrate to Act! Marketing Automation by this date. If you have not received your Act! Marketing Automation credentials or have questions on your migration options, call 866-873-2006.
Swiftpage does not have an automatic method of exporting templates from Swiftpage emarketing to Act! Marketing Automation. We would strongly recommend that you recreate any of your Swiftpage emarketing templates using the Act! Marketing Automation Drag and Drop editor. This will allow you to create much more modern and professional looking templates, and will guarantee that any templates you create will be mobile responsive (i.e. they will display appropriately on a mobile device such as a phone or a tablet).
If you still wish to attempt to use your existing Swiftpage emarketing templates, we have provided the following steps as a courtesy, however we do not offer technical support for this at all.
NOTE: In order to import your templates into Act! Marketing Automation, you will require the Premier or Ultimate tier of Act! Growth Suite. This is because you require access to the HTML Editor feature which is only available in those two tiers. We would also recommend that these steps are performed by an individual who has an understanding of HTML.
- Send yourself an email of the template you wish to import into Act! Marketing Automation, for instructions on sending from Swiftpage emarketing see the Article below:
Sending a Swiftpage email blast from SwiftpageConnect.com
Answer ID 36624
- Open the email when you receive it and click the “To view as a web page click here.” link at the bottom of the page.
- This will open up your template in your default web browser. If this is Internet Explorer, right click on the template (be careful NOT to click on a picture when you do this) and select View Source. If you are using Google Chrome, ight click on the template (be careful NOT to click on a picture when you do this) and select View Page Source.
- This will show you the HTML code of your template. You need to copy all of this code. The easiest way to do this is to hit CTRL+A on your keyboard to select all of the code, then CTRL+C to copy this.
- Open Notepad on your computer.
- Paste the source code (CTRL+V on your keyboard) into Notepad.
- Open Act! Marketing Automation and click on Templates.
- Click the Actions menu in the top right corner and choose to create a new template.
- Name your template, make sure to change the Type to Sales, then click Create.
- Click the HTML button towards the bottom of the editor.
- Copy and paste all of the code from your Notepad document into the editor.
- Click the Actions menu in the top right corner, and choose Save.
- You should now see the design of your template which should match your previous Swiftpage emarketing template. We would STRONGLY recommend at this point that you have a person familiar with HTML code take a look at your template and replace any images and links that you are using. Images and links will be pointing to the Swiftpage emarketing platform, and will stop working when the service is retired.