When I log into my Act! in the Cloud database, I receive the error "Failed to fetch Global toolbar order... " .
Product Family: Act! Growth Suite
Product: Act! in the Cloud
This can occur due to incorrect or corrupted data stored in the web browser’s cookies or cache.
Refreshing the page, cookies, and cache at the same time
- Attempt to log into your Act! in the Cloud database
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + F5 (Internet Explorer) or Ctrl + Shift + R (Google Chrome) to refresh the page, cookies and cache at once
Note: You may be taken back to the login screen after refreshing. If so, simply log back into the database.
- Verify that you no longer receive the error message
Resetting cookies and caches for the browser
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. For additional assistance with browser settings, contact an IT professional.
If the issue persists after attempting to refresh the page, it may be necessary for you to reset the cookies and caches for the browser. Refer to the steps below depending on what browser you use:
Internet Explorer 11
- Click the cogwheel in the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer window
- In the menu that appears go to Safety > Delete Browsing History…
- On the window that appears ensure that the only options which are checked are as follows
- Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies and website data
- Click Delete then, once the browsing history is done deleting, close out of Internet Explorer
- Reopen Internet Explorer, then login to your Act! in the Cloud database to verify that you no longer receive the error message
- If you still receive the message, please visit the article linked immediately below, especially the subheading Configure Internet Explorer Settings to receive the latest Act! access via web content when you logon
Note: For additional information about using Act! in the Cloud with Internet Explorer, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
What are the recommended browser settings for using Act! access via web with Internet Explorer?
- In the top-right corner of the Chrome window, click the Menu button > More Tools > Clear browsing data…
- On the page that appears, click the drop-down and choose "the beginning of time" for "Obliterate the following items from:"
- Ensure that the only options which are checked are as follows:
- Cookies and other site and plugin data
- Cached images and files
- Click the Clear browsing data button, then once complete, close out of all Chrome tabs and windows
- Reopen Chrome, then login to your Act! in the Cloud database to verify that you no longer receive the error message
Note: For additional information about using Act! in the Cloud with Google Chrome, refer to the following knowledgebase article: