Symptom: Error: “Error In The Application” when trying to change a user’s password in the Manage Users section of Act!.
Product Family: Act! Growth Suite
Tier: Premier, Ultimate
Version: Act! in the Cloud
This error can occur if the user being amended has the option User cannot change password ticked.
Follow the steps below to amend the user's password:
1. Have an administrator level user go to Tools > Manage Users
2. Click the user whose password you want to change, and click Edit User Information
3. Make sure to untick the option for user cannot change password, then click Finish.
NOTE: You MUST click Finish at this point to reset the preference. If you try to amend the password again before clicking Finish you will still get the same error.
4. Once again, click the user whose password you want to change, and click Edit User Information
5. Amend the password as required, and click Finish.