Question: How do I view, create and edit Contacts in Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
NOTE: Proximity Search requires Act! v21.1 or later.
The Act! Companion app contains a feature called proximity Search. This feature allows you to see Contact records within your current local area, or any area of your choosing. You can choose your own radius to perform a condensed search or a wider area search, and also show directions to reach contacts within your specified proximity.
Accessing Proximity Search
1. Open the Act! Companion app and tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen.
2. Tap the Proximity Search option from the list.
3. You will then see the default proximity search based at your current location.
4. The act! icon shows your current location.
5. To zoom in or out, use the icons in the bottom right corner.
Performing a Proximity Search in another location
1. Tap and drag on the map to change your location.
2. Once you have found a location you would like to search, tap Search here.
3. You will then see the Proximity Search circle appear.
4. If you want to search via a postal code instead, see the following section.
Changing the Proximity Search Radius
1. Tap the filter icon in the top right corner.
2. You are given the options to choose between miles and kilometers, as well as search by postal code.
3. Tap Save to finish.
Finding contacts using Proximity Search
1. When you have performed a Proximity Search, any contacts within the specified area will be shown with a icon.
2. Tap on the icon to see the contact name.
3. Tap the icon to go to the contact record to see the full details for that contact.
4. Tap the icon to map directions from your location to the contact.
NOTE: Your device will prompt you to open a maps app (such as Google Maps etc.) in order to do this.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion