Question: How do I set up my SMS phone number to use as a from number for SMS campaigns in Act! Marketing Automation?
- Product Family: E-marketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
Act! Marketing Automation has the ability to not only send out email campaigns, but SMS campaigns as well. Before getting your SMS campaign built however, you want to first add a number to the SMS phone bank to use as the from number when sending out the campaign. This works like a from email address when sending out an email campaign.
To add your phone number:
- Navigate to Marketing Automation and select the Admin menu item (only admin users will have access to this).
- From the "What would you like?" dropdown, select SMS - Number Bank then click Go.
- Click Actions > New.
- In the pop up, click the "Get SMS number" link to generate an SMS number that you will use as your from number.
- Once you click "Get SMS number" you will then select the country and area code you would like this number to be generated from. The country you select determines the country code that will be associated to this number. Once done, click Save.
- You will now see a generated phone number containing the country code and area code that you entered populated with your new from number now set up. To close the window, click Save.
You may add as many SMS numbers to your SMS bank as you wish. For example you can create different numbers from different regions (area codes) that match the region of the contacts that you are sending to.
Once your number bank is set up, you are ready to begin building your SMS campaigns. For instructions on how to build an SMS campaign, read more here.