When performing a contact or calendar sync between Act! and Microsoft Outlook, the message "There is no Default Email Client" appears
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium for Web (online only), Act! in the Cloud
Environment: Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019/365 64 bit only
Integration: Contact/Calendar Sync
This error can occur because of an unresolved defect in a Microsoft Windows update from September 2020.
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Act! LLC does not provide support for errors caused by Microsoft Windows updates.
- Open up the Control Panel on your PC (and show All Control Panel items, if necessary) and click on Programs, then Programs and Features.
- Find Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/2019/365 in the list and highlight it.
- Right Click and select Change.
- Select Online Repair and Continue then follow the prompts.
- After the repair is finished, please restart the PC.
- When you next open Outlook, you will be asked to activate it again.
- Try the sync again.
- Note: Quick Repair does not fix this issue, you must run the Online Repair as outlined above.