Question: How do I add a menu to my drag and drop template in Act! Marketing Automation?
- Product Family: E-marketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
To add a menu to your template, first create a new template or open any existing template from your template library. To reach your template library:
- Navigate to Marketing Automation menu item.
- Click the Templates menu item to go to your template library.
- Open an exiting template or create a new template.
Once your template is open and you are in the drag and drop editor, if you want to add a simple, text-based navigation element, you can take advantage of the Menu block available in the content tab.
After dragging a Menu block to the stage, you can start adding menu items by clicking on Add new item in the Content properties area.
After you're done adding the items needed for your menus, you can set properties for each.
- Link type (web page, email, phone, sms)
- Target, i.e. if clicking the link should open a new browser tab or stay in the same tab
- Title (optional), i.e. a secondary text that appears when hovering on the menu item
You can reorder menu items by dragging the icon found to the left of the menu item title.
Scrolling down to the properties in the editor sidebar, you will see a few properties that are specific for your Menu.
- Items can be displayed horizontally or vertically by changing the layout
- A custom text separator for items can be added.
Here is an example of a completed menu:
Adding a mobile menu
Important Note: mobile menus are not compatible with all email clients!
To improve the usability of a menu on mobile devices, there is also a widget found in the Content properties to configure it as a mobile menu.
When turned on, a “hamburger” menu will be applied on mobile. It can be expanded with a tap to reveal menu items in a vertical layout. The size, shape, and colors of the menu icon are customizable.