Question: What are the recommended browser settings for using Act! access via web with Microsoft Edge?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! access via web, Act! in the Cloud
Version: v23 and later
In order to make sure that you can access all options within your database correctly, you will need to make sure that Microsoft Edge is v79 or higher and allow Pop-ups for our site.
NOTE: Please note that the below information is provided as a convenience as Act! LLC does not provide support for Microsoft Edge features.
Microsoft Edge Version
To confirm the version of Microsoft Edge that is installed, follow the steps below:
- From the top right-hand corner: Click the 3 horizontal dots icon.
- Select Help & Feedback.
- Click About Microsoft Edge.
- Check that your version number is 79 or higher. If it is not, you will need to update Microsoft Edge.
Pop-up blocker settings
If you see this icon appear in the address bar, this is warning that a pop-up has been blocked. Clicking the icon will allow you to ‘Always allow pop-ups and redirects’ and will autofill the webpage.
To manually add the website to the Pop-up blocker, follow the steps below:
- From the top right-hand corner of Microsoft Edge click the 3 horizontal dots icon.
- Click Settings.
- Click the hamburger icon in the top left corner and select Cookies and Site Permissions.
- In the list of options click Pop-ups and redirects.
- Click Add adjacent from Allow.
- Copy and paste the URL used to access your Act! database and click Add.