Symptom: Each time you open Microsoft Outlook the message ‘In Order for all the Act! Outlook add-in features to function you will need to set your Outlook preferences’ pops up every time.
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! on Premise and Web
This can be caused when the serialized preference table in your database is corrupt. We have a DB Fixer Utility that will repair this. You’ll need to run the DB fixer on the computer that hosts your database.
- Take a back-up of your database
- Download the DBFixer_PWSerialized.exe attachment from the bottom of this article
- Once downloaded double click DBFixer_PWSerialized.exe
- Click OK to the disclaimer
- Select your database using the dropdown for Database Name
- Click Apply Fix
- When presented with the message ‘DBFixer completed for database [your database name]’ click OK
- Close the DBFixer Utility
- Once the database is fixed it is recommended to update the API to build v1.1.426.0 or higher to prevent this issue from reoccurring
- The latest API version can be downloaded here and should be installed on all computers that have Act! installed