How do I grant calendar access to other users?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2005 and later
You can modify calendar access levels for users who have the security role of Standard or Restricted. Administrator and Manager level users cannot have their calendar access changed.
There are two levels of access that you can use to make your calendar available to other Act! users:
- View – allows other users to view your calendar, but they will not be able to schedule new or modify existing Activities for you
- View and Schedule - allows other users to view your Activities as well as schedule new and modify existing Activities on your calendar
Note: Private Activities will only be seen on the calendar of the user they are scheduled for regardless of the access granted. A private Activity can be scheduled for another user if they have access, however once the activity is created, it can only be seen or modified by the user it was scheduled for.
Granting Calendar Access
To grant calendar access to another user, use the steps below:
- In Act!, click the Schedule menu, then select Grant Calendar Access…
- In the Calendar Access window, Click the user you want to change access for, then click Access…
Note: If necessary, you can click multiple users while holding your Ctrl key down on your keyboard to select multiple individual users before clicking Access… to set calendar access for multiple users at one time.
- On the Edit Access window that appears, select either View or View and Schedule, depending on what kind of access you would like the selected user/users to have, then click OK
- Once complete, click OK on the Calendar Access window to save the changes and return to using Act!
Setting Calendar Filters
Once the calendar access is granted, users may still need to adjust their filters in the calendar views to view activities for other users. For more information on managing filters, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Manage Filters in ACT! Detail Views
Answer ID How do I manage filters in the Activities, Opportunities, History, and Notes tabs in Act!?