How do I customize the columns found in the List Views in Act!?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2011 and later
- Navigate to the List View you wish to customize columns for
- Click Tools > Customize > Columns... or click Options at the top-right of the list view (also applies to lists within tabs)
Note: If you're using Act! Premium (access via web) or Act! Premium Cloud, click the column button (color may vary depending on which list you're viewing)
- Perform one or more of the following actions depending on what you wish to do:
- Add New: To add a field to the List View columns, select the desired field name on the left side of the Customize Columns window, then click the right facing single arrow to add it to the right side where the current List View columns are listed
- Remove Existing: To remove a field from the List View columns, select the field name you wish to remove, then click the left facing single arrow to move it off of the list of List View Columns
- Reorder: To change the order in which the columns appear horizontally on the List View, select the desired field name, then click Move Up to move the field to the left on the List View, or click Move Down to move it to the right on the List View
- Add or Remove All: To add all the columns, click the right facing double arrow, or to remove all the columns and start from scratch, click the left facing double arrow. You must have at least one column in the List View
- Freeze Columns (requires Act! v20 for Windows): To freeze certain columns so that they do not scroll off screen when scrolling horizontally, enable the Freeze Columns section, then specify how many of the frist columns you wish to freeze.
- Reset Defaults: To reset the List View columns to defaults, click Reset
- Once satisfied, click OK