Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
- Ensure the .RDB file has been copied to the remote machine
- On the remote machine, click File > Restore > Database…
- Select Unpack and Restore remote database, then click OK
- Under Remote database file to restore, click Browse…, locate and select the .RDB file, then click Open
- Under Restore remote database to this location, click Browse…, select a location to unpack the database to, then click OK
- Click OK again to begin unpacking the remote database
- When the confirmation appears, click OK, or click Yes (Act! versions 2013 or later) to delete the .RDB file
Note: Once the .RDB file has been unpacked, it is no longer needed as it creates the .PAD, .ADF, .ALF and database files folder of the actual remote database. It is strongly recommended that you delete this file to prevent from accidentally unpacking the remote again after synchronization takes place.
After you have unpacked and restored the database, you can synchronize the database either manually or by setting up an automatic synchronization schedule. For more information, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How do I synchronize my remote database?