Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage Software, Inc., does not provide support for this type of authentication at this time.
Removing Anonymous Access from your ACT! Premium for Web site requires you to configure Integrated Windows Authentication to control access to your site. This Windows feature verifies domain credentials when a user attempts to access your site, ensuring that the user has permission to access your web server.
This step can be taken after the ACT! Premium for Web virtual directory is created. For additional information on creating a Web Site and/or Virtual Directory, refer to the following Knowledge Base document:
Answer ID: How do I manually create and configure a web site and virtual directory for Act! Premium (access via web)
Click on the version of IIS you are using for instructions:
- Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Manage from the shortcut menu. The Computer Management window appears.
- Expand the Services and Applications option, then expand the Internet Information Services option, and then select the Default Web Site (or the Web Site you created) option so that you can see ACT! Premium for Web virtual directory in the right pane. (this is the standard installation location, your virtual directory location may differ)
- Right-click the ACT! Premium for Web virtual directory, and then click Properties from the shortcut menu. The ACT! Premium for Web Properties dialog box appears.
- Under the Directory Security tab, in the Anonymous access and access control section, click Edit . The Authentication Methods dialog box appears.
- Clear the Enable anonymous access option, and verify that the Integrated Windows authentication option is enabled. The other Authentication options are dependent on your specific security requirements and not related to ACT! Premium for Web configuration.
Note : Digest authentication for Windows domain servers is an option on IIS 5.1 or later.
- Click OK to exit the Authentication Methods dialog box, and then close the Properties dialog box. Your ACT! Premium for Web site is now protected by the Integrated Windows Authentication. You may need to close your browser and re-open it in order to receive the proper login prompt.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The IUSR_[machine name] account will no longer be used by IIS with this configuration. You will need to make sure the user account you attempt to log in has proper permissions.
Microsoft Technet: Configuring Authentication in IIS 7.0