Question: How can I create a new database in Act!?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
- In Act!, click File > New Database
- Enter a name for the database that begins with a letter and contains no spaces or punctuation
- If desired, click Browse… then browse to and select a location to create the database to
Note: The database cannot be created to a mapped or network drive. You must create the database on the local hard drive of your computer.
- In the currency drop-down, select the appropriate currency for your region
- If you wish to share the database across your network, leave checked the option to Share this database with other users
Note: If you do not wish to share at this time, you can uncheck this option and share it at a later time.
- In the User name field, enter the user name you wish to use to access your new database
- In the Password field either enter a password you would like to use to protect your database, or leave it blank
- In the Confirm Password field, re-enter the password you chose, or if you left the Password field blank, leave blank
Note: It is important that you take note of your user name and password, as there is not a way for you to reset this without contacting customer service to schedule a password reset appointment
- Click OK to create and open the database