You can add custom items to any ACT! menu. If you have not yet created the custom document template, refer to the following Knowledge Base Answer for details:
Answer ID: How to Create a Document Template in ACT!
- Click the Tools menu, point to Customize, and then click Menus and Toolbars. The Customize Menus and Toolbars dialog box appears.
- Under the Custom Commands tab, click the New button.
- Enter a Command name and (optional) Tooltip text, and then click the Browse button. An Open dialog box appears.
- Change the Files of type to All files (*.*), navigate to and Open the file that you wish to add to your menu. The Customize Menus and Toolbars dialog box reappears with the file path to the selected file displayed in theCommand line field (as illustrated above).
- Click the Icon button (if desired) to change the icon associated with this custom command.
- Click the Add Command button. Your Command name and Tooltip text appear in the main window (as illustrated above).
- Click the Commands tab. From the list of Categories, click the Custom Commands item. Your custom command appears in the Commands pane.
- Click and drag your custom command to the desired menu. The menu will expand as you drag over it allowing you to drop your custom item into the desired location on the menu (as illustrated above).
For additional information on customizing menus and toolbars, refer to the following Knowledge Base Answer:
Answer ID: How to customize menus or toolbars in Act!