Question: How do I use the Opportunity List View in Act! v21 and Above?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium, Act! Premium Plus, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Note: The below features require an Act! subscription as well as Act! v21 or above. For information on the previous List View, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
How to Use the Opportunity List View in Act!
The Opportunity List View allows you to see and work with all of the Opportunities in your database at the same time. This allows for easier management of your Opportunities, especially when using the features outlined below.
There are several ways to access the Opportunity List View:
- Click the Opportunities button in the Navbar.
- Click the View menu, and then click Opportunity List.
- Press Shift+F7 on your keyboard.
- Create a Lookup of Opportunities.
How to Lookup Opportunities in Act!
Running along the top of the List View, Act! v21 has introduced a new Key Performance Indicator (KPI) display. This provides extremely useful information at a glance and can be fully customised to display the information that your specific business finds relevant.
For information on working with, and creating your own KPIs, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
How to Use the Opportunity List View in Act! v21 and Above
When using the Opportunity List, you have the ability to filter the current list of Opportunities being displayed. This can be very useful when managing your Opportunities, for example if you only want to view the Opportunities that are currently Open, you can easily do so. The filters can be found on the right side of the List View:
The following filters are available:
- Dates - filters the Opportunities based on the Estimated Close Date or Actual Close Date field.
- Status - filters based on the Status (Open, Won, Lost, and Inactive).
- Process - filter based on an Opportunity Process.
- Stage - filter based on a Stage in the particular Process. Note: You must select a Process first, if you wish to filter by Stage. If Process is set to All, the Stage filter cannot be modified.
- Probability - Select an option to filter based on the Probability of Close field. Note the options to find Opportunities with a Probability of Close that is Greater Than or Less Than a specified value.
- Total - Select an option to filter based on the Total field. Note the options to find Opportunities with a Total that is Greater Than or Less Than a specified value.
- Click the Select Users button to choose a Record Manager to filter the Opportunities by.
- Click the Reset button to reset all of the filters to their defaults.
You may select multiple Opportunities to narrow your Lookup or use the Opportunities to create a Lookup of Contacts.
You can select several Opportunities at once by clicking and holding your left mouse button down on the first record (Do not do this in the Contact column) and dragging your mouse down. Each record will be highlighted as you move your mouse over them. Once all of the Opportunities needed are selected, let go of the mouse button. You can also use the normal windows functions of the Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple Opportunities. You can hold your Shift key after selecting the first opportunity in a list of adjacent contact records, and then click the last inclusive Opportunity in the list to select all records between. You can also hold the Ctrl key and click multiple non-adjacent Opportunity records to select them all.
Once you have selected your Opportunities you can right-click on any of the selected records and choose one of these options:
- Omit Selected - remove selected Opportunities from the current Opportunity Lookup.
- Lookup Selected - create a Lookup of only the selected Opportunities.
- Go to Contact - creates a Lookup of Contacts based on the Opportunities selected.
Note: You can also print the selected opportunities by clicking File menu, and then clicking Quick Print Current Window; or by clicking the Quick Print button on the toolbar.
Create a Lookup of Contacts
You can create a Lookup of Contacts based on the Opportunities currently displayed in the Opportunity List. Once you have determined the correct Opportunity Lookup, click the Create Lookup button on the toolbar. The Contact List will appear with a list of Contacts that are associated with your current Opportunity Lookup.
Add and Remove Columns
You can add and remove columns to display the data you want to see in the Opportunity List. Please refer to the following Knowledgebase article to do so:
Note: You can also sort the Opportunities based on a certain field by clicking on the column header of the column you want to sort by.
Export to Excel
You can export your current Lookup of Opportunities to Excel and view a pivot chart and pivot table. Please refer to the following Knowledgebase document:
Note: Opportunities can only be exported from Act! to Excel, they cannot be imported in from this source.
Create an Opportunity Pipeline or Graph
You can create an Opportunity pipeline or graph directly from the Opportunity List. Please refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
Manage Product List
You can manage the product list used for Opportunities directly from the Opportunity List. Please refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
Manage Process List
You can manage the Process list used for Opportunities directly from the Opportunity List. Please refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
Create a Quote
You can create a quote for a specific Opportunity directly from the Opportunity List. Please refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
How to Create Custom KPIs in the Opportunity List View