The Contact Activity Lookup
The Contact Activity Lookup will help you create a lookup of contacts based on the last time a record was modified. This lookup can target either contact records that have, or have not, been modified within a specified date range.
Important Note: The Contact Activity Lookup cannot be used to narrow a different kind of lookup, such as the Lookup By Example. Similarly, you will not be able to narrow a Contact Activity lookup with a different kind of lookup.
- Reveals untapped potential of inactive prospects.
- Identifies your most active contacts, so you can continue to cultivate your best customers.
- Allows you to focus your activity search to include contact fields, notes, histories, e-mail addresses, sales opportunity information, and activities within a date range.
- Create a lookup of contacts based on the last time modifications were made to the contacts in your database. This includes changes to contact record details or activities such as calls, meetings, notes, or sales made.
- Perform a lookup of contacts that either have or have not been modified within a specified date range.
Performing a Contact Activity Lookup
Note: Images in your version of ACT! may differ slightly from the ones used in this Answer.
- Click the Lookup menu, and then click Contact Activity. The Contact Activity dialog box appears.
- In the Look for Contacts that have, enable either Not Changed or Changed,
- Specify a date range for your lookup.
Note: If you enable Not Changed, the ending date will default to the current date and cannot be modified.
- In the Search In section, enable options to narrow your search. ACT! will search for the selected field or activity that matches the modified setting within the specified date range.
- Enable Histories and enable the check box(s) from the drop-down to include the History types in your lookup.
- Enable Activities and enable the check box(s) from the drop-down to include the Activity types in your lookup. Custom Activity types will appear in the drop-down.
- Click Find Now. ACT! will open the Contact List view, displaying your contacts which satisfy the Contact Activity lookup criteria.