Currently the ASP.NET Impersonation method of authentication is the only method supported by ACT! Premium for Web. This document describes how to disable this method. For detailed information on other authentication methods that can be employed, please refer to the following Knowledge Base documents:
Answer ID: How to Configure Windows Integrated Authentication (also known as NT Challenge/Response) for ACT! Premium for Web
Answer ID: How To Configure Internet Guest Account Authentication for ACT! Premium for Web
- Launch Windows Explorer or open My Computer .
- Browse to the install folder of ACT! Premium for Web. (Default location: C:\Program Files\ACT\...\APFW )
- Right-click the Web.Config file, and then click Open from the shortcut menu. Open the Web.Config file with Microsoft Notepad .
- When the file is open in Notepad , l ocate the following lines of text:
- Type rem (then leave a space) at the beginning of all three lines.
- Save the file, and then close Notepad .
- Exit Windows Explorer or My Computer .
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run . The Run dialog box appears.
- Type regedit in the Open field, and then click OK . The Windows Registry Editor launches.
Caution : We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. For detailed information on backing up the Windows Registry, click the link below:
Title: How to Back Up the Windows Registry
Answer ID: How to back up the Windows Registry
- After backing up your Windows Registry browse to the following registry location:
- Right click the AspNetProcess folder, and click Delete from the shortcut menu.
- Confirm the deletion, and then close the Registry Editor .
- The ASP.NET Impersonation authentication method is disabled.