Click the Help menu, and then click About ACT! to display the About ACT! window:
Note: Images in your version of ACT! may differ slightly from the ones used in this Answer.
- Build: displays the build number of your installation of ACT!
- Serial Number: displays the serial number for your installation of ACT!
- Number of Licenses: displays the total number of users that access the Database with this serial number.
End User Agreement:
Displays the End User License Agreement (EULA).
Contains information about how to contact ACT! Technical Support.
you may visit ACT!.com.
For detailed database information, click the Database Info button. The following ACT! dialog box appears.
- PAD File: displays the location of the Database .PAD file.
- User Name: displays the name of the user currently logged into the ACT! application.
- Security Role: displays the security level for the current user.
- Total Number of Licenses in Database: displays the total number of users that may concurrently sign-on to the Database.
Database Settings Information:
- Database Server Name: displays the name of the server.
- Database Name: displays the name of the Database.
- Database Creation Date: indicates when the Database was created.
- Database Backup: indicates when the most recent backup of the Database was created.
- Database Checkup: displays when the Database was last Checked and Repaired.
- Currency: displays what symbol is used for currency in the Database.
- Language: indicates the language used in the Database.
- Schema Version: indicates the schema version.
- Schema Date: indicates the date the current schema was created.
- Previous Schema Version: indicates the previous schema version.
- Original Schema Version: indicates the original schema version.
- Supplemental File Location: indicates the location of the Database's supplemental files which include templates, layouts, and queries.
- Database Product: displays what SQL server is installed.
- Database Product Version: displays the version of the SQL server.
- Database File Location: displays the path to the Database .ADF file.
- Database Log Location: displays the location of the Database log file.
- Database Collation: displays the alphabet or language whose sorting rules are applied when dictionary sorting is specified.
- Sync Enabled: indicates whether Synchronization is enabled.
- Database: displays the size of the Database file, in Megabytes (MB).
- Tranlog: displays the size of the transaction log file, in Megabytes (MB).
Information on the size of specific portions of the ACT! Database can be located in Record Sizes. These are:
- Accounting Link: information used by installed accounting link software (if any).
- Activity: information on activities.
- Company: information on companies.
- Contact: information on contacts.
- Group: information on groups.
- History: information on histories.
- Metadata: information on data structures, such as field size, field structure, etc.
- Notes: information on notes.
- Opportunity: information on sales opportunities.
- Other: information that does not belong in any other category.
- Reserved: total space reserved for data.
- Security: information on user security levels.
- Sync: information on synchronization.
- System: information on the computer system.
Each item is divided into four columns:
- Total: indicates the size of the item on the disk.
- Data: indicates the size of the data within the item.
- Index: indicates the size of the index within the file.
- Free: indicates the difference between the total size on disk and the actual size of the file contents.