This error can result if the Network Sync Service is installed and running on the same port that you are attempting to configure Application Synchronization to Accept Incoming Syncs.
In most cases, you can resolve this issue by verifying this is the issue by checking the port that is being used for Network Synchronization. Follow the steps below:
- Right-click the ACT Network Sync Service icon in the Windows System Tray, and then click Show/Hide from the shortcut menu. The ACT! Network Sync Service dialog box appears:
- Notice the port being utilized in the Monitor Port section.
- If you decide to change the Network Synchronization port to use that for Application Synchronization, stop the Sync Service if it running by clicking the Stop Sync Service button. Otherwise, you can just choose another port for Application Synchronization and will not need to follow the remaining steps.
- Click into the Monitor Port field and make any needed changes.
- Start the Sync Service by clicking the Start Sync Service button, and then minimize the ACT! Network Sync Service dialog box.
- Now you can successfully start the Application Sync Service.
If you are not planning to use Network Sync, it is recommended that you uninstall this service. Refer to the following Knowledgebase Answer for detailed information on uninstalling ACT! Network Sync Service:
Answer ID: How to uninstall the Act! Network Sync Service