From the Group Detail or Company Detail views, ACT! users again have access to a tree structure that displays the hierarchy of available groups/subgroups or companies/divisions. The All Groups or All Companies item at the top of the tree structure reflects the total number of groups and subgroups or companies and divisions.
If a plus sign appears next to a group or company name, you can click to expand a group to display subgroups or expand a company to display divisions. When expanded, the plus sign changes to a minus sign. You may then click the item to collapse the structure. Up to fourteen levels of subgroups or divisions can be created under a specific group or company.
You may move and organize groups and companies in the tree using drag-and-drop. Moved items are placed under their destination item. For example, if you drag Group A to Group B; Group A becomes a subgroup of Group B. If you drag a subgroup or division to the All Groups or All Companies item, the subgroup or division is promoted to group or company status.
Alternatively you can right-click a group name or company name in the tree view, and then click Move to invoke the Move Group or Move Company dialog box.
In the Move Group or Move Company dialog box, you can promote a subgroup to a group or promote a division to a company. In addition, you can demote a group to a subgroup or a company to a division (as illustrated above).
Use the groups tree or the companies tree to quickly:
- View the entire group or company hierarchy.
- Find a group, subgroup, company, or division.
- Manage group/subgroup or company/division relationships through drag and drop.
Right-click a group, subgroup, company or division name in the tree view to:
- Create a new group, subgroup, company or division.
- Duplicate a group, subgroup, company or division.
- Delete a group, subgroup, company or division.
- Create a Lookup of the group, subgroup, company or division members.
- Insert a group or company Note.
- Record a group, subgroup, company or division History entry.
- Attach a file to the group, subgroup, company or division.
- Move an item in the groups/companies tree.
- Manage group or company membership.
- Print group or company information.
Note: When deleting a group or company the contacts within it will remain in your database.