When adding a new phone field to ACT!, two fields will be created. For example, adding a "Voicemail" phone field to your database will create the following fields:
- Voicemail Phone
- Voicemail Extension
To add a new phone field to your database, login to ACT! as a Manager or Administrator and follow the steps below:
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Define Fields. The Define Fields - Create, edit or delete fields dialog box appears:
- Click Create new field. The Define Fields - Enter field name and type dialog box appears
- Enter a Field name (Example: Voicemail), click the Field data type drop-down arrow, and then click Phone from the list.
- Click Finish. A Saving progress indicator appears as the fields are added to your database.
There are now two new fields in your database: Voicemail Phone and Voicemail Extension.
To add these new fields to your layout, see the following linked document:
- Title: Designing Layouts in ACT!
Answer ID: Designing Layouts in Act!
- Title: How to Create and Modify Contact, Company, and Group Fields in ACT!
Answer ID: How to Create and Modify Contact, Company, and Group Fields in ACT!