Question: How do I transfer my custom menus and/or toolbars to another computer?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
Note: Prior to following the steps below, ensure that your computer’s settings have been configured to show hidden files and folders. For more information, refer to the following Microsoft documentation:
Windows 7and later: Show hidden files
Browse to the following location
ACT! 2011 and later
- Windows Vista and later: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\ACT\Act Data\Preferences
- Highlight and copy all files that start with ConnectedBars
- Paste the files to a flash drive and take to the other computer
- Browse to the same location from step 1
- Copy and paste the files from the original computer to this location, overwriting existing files if prompted
Note: If you reference a specific path in your custom commands for toolbar icons (ex: c:\mytoolbaricons) or similar icons such as templates, these items must reside in the exact same file location on each computer for those references to be valid.