Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2007 (v9) and later
- If you are using Act! Pro, Act! Premium for Windows, or you are hosting your own Act! Premium (access via web) database, it is recommended that you create a backup of your database prior to following these steps. For information regarding database backups, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
- If you make changes to the password length requirements, any users (including Administrator users) whose current passwords for the database do not meet new length requirements, and who also have the “User cannot change password” option enabled in the Manage Users settings will be locked out of the database, and their passwords will need to be reset by an administrator. It is recommended that you make sure that your administrators do not have the “User cannot change password” setting enabled for their login prior to making changes to the password policy. For information about managing user passwords and password options, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
- Login to your Act! database as an Act! administrator
- Click Tools > Password Policy...
- Configure the following settings as desired:
- User cannot use last [x] passwords: When a user changes their password, this setting allows you to prevent a user from reusing previous passwords up to a quantity specified by this setting.
- Password must change every [x] days: Allows you to force all users to change their passwords after a specified duration
- Minimum duration between password changes is [x] days: Allows you to keep users from changing their passwords too often
- Password must be at least [x] characters in length: Allows you to require passwords to meet a length of 0 (blank) to 25 characters
- Password must contain [x] of 4 character groups: Allows you to require user passwords to contain 1-4 special characters in any combination of Lower-case (a-z), Upper-case (A-Z), Numbers (0-9), and/or Special Characters (such as !@#$%)
- Click OK when finished