Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2011 and later
- Only Administrator or Manager level users can use the Act! Scheduler to run maintenance
- The Act! Scheduler can only run automatic maintenance if the computer is on during the scheduled time. If the computer is off during the scheduled time, the maintenance will not run until the next scheduled time.
- It is recommended that the maintenance is scheduled using the Act! Scheduler on the server or machine that holds the database files
- It is recommended that you schedule the maintenance for a time when no one is using the database, such as outside of your business hours
- In Act!, click Tools > Act! Scheduler...
- Click Create a task
- In the Select a Database screen, click Browse..., Browse to and select the database you wish to schedule maintenance for, then click Open
- Enter the User name and Password used to access the database, then click Next
- In the Select a Task screen, select Database maintenance, then click Next
- Ensure that the desired maintenance options are selected, then click Next
- In the Set a Schedule screen, configure how often to run the automatic maintenance, then click Next, or if using a version older than Act! v16, click Finish
- If you have already configured e-mail alert settings and you wish to receive notifications of the success or failure of the database maintenance, enable the option for Send e-mail notifications and enter the email address that will receive the notifications
Note: If you have not configured the e-mail alerts, but you would like to, you can go ahead and click Finish to save your settings and come back to edit this later after you have configured your email alerts. For information on configuring the Act! Scheduler to send e-mail notifications, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How can I configure the Act! Scheduler to send me e-mail notifications upon completing tasks?
- Click Finish to save your settings