Product Details: Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2006 and later
Environment: Engine: Microsoft SQL Server
Cause: This can occur when the Microsoft SQL Server (ACT7) service is not running or has not been installed correctly.
SQL Server (ACT7) Service Not Started
Use the steps in the following article to ensure that the SQL Server (ACT7) instance is started and running:
You must uninstall Act! and Microsoft® SQL Server from the machine. To do this follow the steps below:
Important note: Before proceeding, confirm that you do not have another program that requires Microsoft SQL Server.
- Go to Start then select the Control Panel from the Start Menu
- Click on Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features for Windows 7®, Vista®, or Server 2008®)
Uninstall the following programs in the ordered list:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
- Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
- Microsoft SQL Server Browser
- Reboot the machine
- Run the Act! installation from your disk or download. This will do a full reinstallation of both Act! and SQL Server.