Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2009 (SP 1) and later
The Relationships tab allows you to link two or more contacts in your Act! database together based on a defined relationship, such as a family relationship, or belonging to the same professional association.
Creating a New Relationship
Using Contact A and Contact B as an example:
- Navigate to Contact A’s record, then click the Relationships tab from the tabs section of the record
- In the Relationships tab, click Relate Contact
- In the Relate Contact dialog, under “Relate [Contact Name] to, start typing the last name of Contact B to receive suggestions or click the drop-down and scroll down to the name of the contact you wish to relate
Note: If you wish to relate multiple contacts, you can click the Contacts button to the right of the drop-down, then click Select Contacts
- Under the Define relationships section, choose how Contact A is related to Contact B (for example, Manager)
Note: If an appropriate relationship is not listed, you can click Edit List Values… then add additional relationship values to suit your needs.
- Choose how Contact B is related to Contact A (for example, Employee)
- If desired, enter any details about their relationship in the Details field
- Click OK when finished
Once the relationship has been made, Contact B will show in Contact A’s relationship tab, and vice versa. Additionally, a link will be created that will allow you to jump to the related contact’s record.
In Act! for Windows
You can edit relationships by selecting the related contact from the list and clicking Edit Relationship, or by double-clicking the relationship.
Additionally, if you right-click a related contact, you will have the following options:
- Relate Contact – create another relation to your current contact
- Edit Relationship – edit the relationship details for the currently selected related contact
- Remove Relationship – delete the relationship (removes from both contacts)
- Create Lookup – create lookup of all contacts under the relationship tab of your current contact
- Goto Contact – takes you to currently selected related contact
- Customize Columns – add/remove columns (fields) to the Relationship tab to view data for the related contacts
- Print Relationships – does a quick print of the items under the Relationships tab
In Act! Premium (access via web) or Act! Premium Cloud
To edit relationships in the web, click the Edit link for the relationship you wish to edit, or if you wish to remove the relationship, click the Remove link