Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2010 and later
Notes are information that you want to refer to and track for a Contact, Group, Company, or Opportunity. This information can be:
- Your observations about a customer or a prospect
- Personal and business information for a company and its contacts
- Key factors that may influence the decision to close an opportunity
For example, you have a conversation with a client who mentions they like a particular restaurant. You can use Notes to enter that information, to be used in a later conversation, or even for consideration as a future meeting place for you and your client.
Each Detail View has a Notes tab. The Notes available depend on what Detail View you are in:
- In the Contact and Opportunity Detail views, the Notes tab contains all notes for the Contact or Opportunity
- In the Group and Company Detail views, the Notes tab contains all notes shared with the Group or Company as well as all notes for contacts that are members of the Group or Company
For information on creating notes, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to create Notes in Act!