Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: v17.2 and later
Act! allows you to set default preferences for your activities and calendar, such as:
- How scheduled and cleared activities appear on calendars in list views
- The default priority or duration of an activity type
- Alarm preferences and activity conflict notifications
- Rolling over activities that have not been cleared to the following day
To configure these preferences:
- In Act!, click Tools > Preferences
- Click the Calendar & Activities tab
- Click Activity Preferences...
- Select an activity type that you want to configure preferences for, or if you want to set multiple activity types to have the same preferences, you can select multiple activity types by pressing and holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking to select each desired activity type
- Configure the settings as desired, then click OK
Available activity preference settings
Below are the defaults you can configure for creating activities with each activity type:
- Priority: The level of importance of the activity type
- Ring Alarm: Display a reminder for the activity type
- Duration: How long the activity type is scheduled for
- Default to timeless: Have the activity type automatically configured to be a timeless activity during activity creation
- Automatically roll over to today: Configure the activity type to roll over activities of this type to the following day if it is not cleared on the day it was scheduled. This will keep rolling over each day that the activity is not cleared.
- Automatically display drop-downs for these fields: Allows you to select fields in the Schedule Activity window that will be expanded by default when the Schedule Activity window is opened for that activity type
Customize Alarms: Allows you configure a sound that will play when the alarm is displayed.
Note: There are no sounds built into Act! for these notifications, you must have your own *.wav file to use for this notification. For more information, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Set the Activity Alarm Sound in ACT!
- Enable activity conflict checking: Requires the system to prompt you in the event that you schedule an activity that conflicts with an existing activity
- Make new activities public: Makes all activities that are created visible to all users in the database. Disabling this option will make it so that all activities will default to private and only the person who scheduled the activity, or the person the activity was scheduled for will be able to see the activity.
- Prompt to schedule a new activity when a new contact is created: Enabling this option will make it so that every contact you create will prompt to create an activity of this type
How do I set Global Scheduling Preferences in Act!?