Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2010 and later
You can create a Note for Contacts, Companies, Groups and Opportunities. To create a note:
- Navigate to the Record for which you wish to create a Note
- At the top of the screen click the big Note button
- If desired, attach a file by clicking Attach
- If you wish to share the note with another record (Group, Company, or Opportunity), click the [...] button next to the “Share with” field
- If desired, change the Record Manager for the note
Note: By default, the Record Manager for the note will be the user who created the note.
- Enter the details of the note in the Details section
- If you wish to keep the note accessible to only you, you can enable the Private option
- Click OK to save the Note when you are finished
Viewing and editing Notes
Once a Note has been created, you can view it by selecting the corresponding row and looking at the preview pane on the right. If they exist for the Note, attachments can be opened by clicking the paper clip icon.
If you need to open the Note so that you can edit it, you can double-click it to edit it, or if you are using Act! Premium (access via web), click the Edit link on the Note.
To delete a note, right-click it and choose delete selected, or if you are using Act! Premium (access via web), click the delete Link on the Note