This also applies if a different *.ipi file is listed in the error.
This error can occur if a Microsoft® system folder is lacking adequate permissions.
Please use the following steps:
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage does not provide support for Microsoft Products. For more information on this topic, go to Microsoft.com.
- Open Windows® Explorer navigate to the C:\Windows directory.
- Locate the Installer folder to assign the correct permissions:
- Right-click on the Installer folder and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab. Ensure the System and your logged on Windows User account is listed and both have Full Control.
- Click Add to begin adding the accounts. For Windows Vista®/Windows 7, you will need to click Edit first.
- In the "Enter the object names to select" box, type the word System, and press Enter on your keyboard. The System account should be listed now. Select System from the user names list and select Full Control under the Allow column. Click Apply .
- Follow steps c-d to find, add and assign Full Control permissions also for you logged on Windows User account.
- Click OK.
- Attempt to install SQL Server 2008 R2.