How do I rename my Act! database?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2012 and later
Renaming an Act! database can be done using the following steps:
Note: Renaming a database may disrupt any synchronization procedures that may be in place.
- Create a backup of your Act! database (File > Backup > Database).
- Close Act!.
- Click on the Windows® Start button and select Run.
- Type ACTDIAG and click OK.
- Go to Databases menu and select Database List.
- Click on your database to highlight it, go to the Actions menu and select Detach database.
- Browse to the location in which the database is stored.
- Delete the databasename.PAD file and rename the following:
- databasename - Database Files (folder)
Note: Where databasename is the name of your database. Rename only the databasename portion of the file name and ensure the new name is the same for all three items.
- Open Act!.
- Go to the File menu and select Open database.
- In the Open database window, change the Files of type drop-down from .pad to .adf
- Select your renamed database and click Open.