Is there a way to recover contacts or data that have been deleted from an Act! database?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
A contacts and other data can only be recovered if there is a backup of the database available, that contains the desired contact. Use the following steps to recover a contact from a Act! backup file.
- Restore a recent backup of the database following the Restore As section of the following knowledgebase article:
How to back up and restore an Act! database
Answer ID How to back up and restore an Act! database
- Log into the restored copy of the database.
- Perform a Lookup to locate the desired contact(s).
- Follow the Exporting Your ACT! Database section of the following article to export the desired contact(s), selecting the
option Current Lookup:
How to Export Data From One ACT! Database To Another
Answer ID How do I export data from one Act! database to another
- Sign into the main database and verify that the contacts are present.